|Look up melancholy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Melancholy may refer to:
- Melancholia, one of the four temperaments in pre-modern medicine and proto-psychology, representing a state of low mood
- Depression (mood), a state of low mood, also known as melancholy
- Major depressive disorder, a mood disorder historically called melancholy
Arts and books
- Melancholy (Edvard Munch), an 1893 painting by Edvard Munch
- Melancholy (novel), a 1995 novel by Jon Fosse
- Melancholy (album), a 1999 live free jazz album by Cecil Taylor's Workshop Ensemble
- "Melancholy" (song), an environmental song by 365 Nepali artists 2017
- "Melancolie", a 1983 Romanian song written by Grigore Vieru
- My Dear Melancholy, (album), an R&B/Soul album published in 2018 by singer The Weeknd.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Melancholy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.