|• Total||239.65 km2 (92.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Melandaha is located at. It has 55954 households and total area 239.65 km².
Points of interest
- Gandhi Ashram and Freedom Struggle Museum
- Shah Kamal Mazar Sharif,Durmot
Melandaha has 11 unions/wards, 140 mauzas/mahallas, and 190 villages.
Unions are named as follows:
There are 8 colleges in the upazila. They include Jahanara Latif Mohila College, Hazrabari Sirajul Haque Degree College (founded in 1976), and Melandaha Government College (1972). Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Fisheries College is being converted into Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib University of Science & Technology.
- Chowdhury, Sayed Md Abdullah Al Mamun (2012). "Melandaha Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Akramul Hoque Suman (2015). "Gandhi Ashram, Freedom Struggle Museum attract visitors, researchers". The Daily Observer.
- "List of Colleges" (XLS). Secondary and Higher Education Division. 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Netrokona, Jamalpur to get public universities". bdnews24.com. 30 January 2017.
- "List of Fazil Madrasas". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "List of Kamil Madrasas". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
|This Mymensingh Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|