Melbourne tram route 31
|Hoddle Street - Victoria Harbour Docklands|
|System||Melbourne tramway network|
|Began service||25 October 2010|
|Ended service||25 July 2014|
|Start||Hoddle Street, Collingwood|
Melbourne CBD (Collins St)
|End||Victoria Harbour Docklands|
|Zone(s)||Myki Zone 1|
|Timetable||Route 31 timetable|
|Map||Route 31 map|
Melbourne tram route 31 was operated by Yarra Trams on the Melbourne tram network. It operated from Hoddle Street to Victoria Harbour Docklands. The route was designed as a supplementary service along Collins Street, with services running between peak hours with reduced services on weekends.
The first version of route 31 ran from St Vincent's Plaza via Collins Street and Southern Cross station to terminate at Collins Street West End. With the rerouting of route 48, route 31 ceased to run.
On 25 October 2010 an amended route 31 was reinstated, running from Hoddle Street, Collingwood to St Vincent's Plaza then via Collins Street and continuing to Victoria Harbour Docklands. The service ran on weekdays between the peak hours.
- Lucas, Clay (13 October 2010). "Bee trams to stay, but at what price?". The Age. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Melbourne - additional tram services" Trolley Wire issue 323 November 2010 page 19
- Yarra Trams launches 480 new services each week Yarra Trams
- History of Melbourne Trams Routes from 1950 to 2009 Yarra Trams
- Capacity boost for tram passengers Yarra Trams 9 July 2014