Melbourne tram route 59
|Airport West - Flinders Street station|
Moonee Ponds Junction
Melbourne CBD (Elizabeth St)
|End||Flinders Street station|
|Length||14.7 km (9.1 mi)|
|Journey time||40-50 minutes|
|Zone(s)||Free Zone: Stops 1-7
Myki Zone 1: Stops 8-59
|Annual patronage||10.2 million|
|Timetable||Route 59 timetable|
|Map||Route 59 map|
Melbourne tram route 59 is operated by Yarra Trams on the Melbourne tram network. It operates from Airport West to Flinders Street station. The 14.7 kilometre route is operated by B2 class trams from Essendon depot.
The route starts at the corner of Matthews Avenue and Rodd Road, Airport West and operates via Niddrie, Essendon, Moonee Ponds Junction, Ascot Vale, Flemington, North Melbourne and Elizabeth Street to terminate at Flinders Street station.
Not all stops are shown, refer to timetable for full list of stops
- "Facts & figures". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Route 59". Yarra Trams. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "City Section" Trolley Wire issue 167 December 1976 page 39
- Budd, Dale; Wilson, Randall (1998). Melbourne's Marvellous Trams. Randwick: University of New South Wales Press. p. 23. ISBN 0 868405 04 3.
- "Melbourne News" Trolley Wire issue 252 February 1993 page 31
- Jones, Colin (1993). Watch for Trams. Kenthurst: Kangaroo Press. p. 118. ISBN 0 86417 544 2.