Melco International Development
||It has been suggested that Melco PBL Holdings be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2016.|
|The Macao Electric Lighting Company Limited|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong, People's Republic of China|
|Hong Kong and Macau|
|Chairman: Mr. Lawrence Ho|
|Website||Melco International Development Limited|
Melco International Development Limited (SEHK: 200), formerly The Macao Electric Lighting Company Limited, is one of the 100 oldest companies in Hong Kong. It was founded in 1910 and was among the first 100 companies established in Hong Kong. It was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1927. It engages in leisure, gambling and entertainment, technology, and property businesses in Hong Kong, Macau, and the Philippines.
In 2004, the company entered a joint venture with the Australian gaming company Crown Limited to establish Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (Melco Crown). In 2011, Melco Crown acquired a 60% interest in Studio City Macau, a large-scale integrated resort project on Cotai, Macau.
- Melco Crown Entertainment: A joint venture with Crown Resorts developing casino/hotel properties on the Cotai Strip in Macau, including City of Dreams (66%)
- MELCO INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Melco International Development Ltd. Profile at Bloomberg Businessweek
- About Crown: Summary of key businesses Archived 2009-09-16 at the Wayback Machine. at Crown Ltd official website
- Chan, Kelvin Macau's Melco in $1 billion Philippine casino project Associated Press, 6 July 2012, at Yahoo!Financeh
- About Crown: Summary of key businesses Archived 2009-09-16 at the Wayback Machine. at official website
|This article about a Hong Kong company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|