||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008)|
31 October 1943 |
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
|Occupation||Television, voice actor|
Melendy Britt (born October 31, 1943) is an American actress active in television and voice acting since the 1970s. Her most notable animated work is for Filmation, voicing characters such as She-Ra, and the second animated Batgirl (Jane Webb was the first). She also provided the voice for Penny, would-be love interest and aide to Plasticman (Ruby-Spears).
In the TV series Cheers she played Kelly Gaines' mother, Roxanne Gaines, in the episode "Woody Or Won't He." She was also the voice for Gran Gran in the cartoon series Avatar the Last Airbender.
- "She-Ra actress Melendy Britt remembers series". NewsOK.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Ahead Of Power-Con, She-Ra Star Melendy Britt Looks Back On Show". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Female superhero 'She-Ra' marks 25th anniversary". CNN. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Michelle Kung. "‘She-Ra’: Melendy Britt on Being the Voice Behind the ‘Princess of Power’ and L’Oreal". WSJ. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Catching Up With the Voice of She-Ra, Melendy Britt". Out Magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Melendy Britt at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|