|Products||Pharmaceuticals, contract research|
Melior Discovery, Inc. is a private biopharmaceutical company based in Exton, Pennsylvania, USA. The company specializes in drug repositioning and has established a proprietary phenotypic screening platform that it uses for this purpose. Melior also offers certain contract research organization (CRO) services comprising animal models representing different disease conditions. The Company has issued press releases disclosing partnerships with Pfizer, Merck & Co., Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca, all citing the use of the company’s drug repositioning technology. Melior Discovery has also used its technology to discover its own drug candidates. In March 2009 the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the company’s Investigational New Drug (IND) application for a type 2 diabetes therapeutic candidate, MLR-1023. In 2013 the company reported a licensing partnership with Bukwang Pharmaceutical Company LTD and the initiation of clinical trials in March 2015. In June 2016 the company reported positive results from their Phase 2a clinical study in diabetic subjects
Melior Discovery was co-founded in 2005 by Dr. Andrew Reaume (President and CEO) and Dr. Michael Saporito (Vice President of Research). Its investors include Cammeby’s Capital Group, VenturEast, Osage Ventures, Mid-Atlantic Angel Group, and BioAdvance.
- "The FDA also approved Melior discovery's IND application for the clinical development of its novel first-in-class kinase activator, MLR-1023, for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes.(New Drug Applications) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Business.highbeam.com. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Melior Licenses Novel Diabetes Drug to Bukwang Pharmaceutical Co.". Business Wire. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "Melior Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 2 Study with MLR-1023 for Type 2 Diabetes". Business Wire. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "Melior Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Phase 2A Results in Type 2 Diabetes Study.".
- "NGP Europe - Drug Discovery - Productivity Crisis - Innovation Gap | GDS Publishing". Ngpharma.eu.com. 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- EDGAR Search