||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Melissa Jean Archer
December 2, 1979
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Known for||Natalie Buchanan on One Life to Live|
|Spouse(s)||Glenn Angelino (m. 2008–15)|
Melissa Jean Archer (born December 2, 1979 in Dallas, Texas) is an American actress best known for her portrayal of Natalie Buchanan on One Life to Live, portraying the role from 2001 until its final episode in 2013. She also portrayed the character of Serena Mason on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives from December 5, 2014, to August 27, 2015, with a brief one-off reappearance on September 28, 2015 (in a flashback sequence of her murder).
Archer first appeared as "bad girl" Natalie Balsom on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live on July 16, 2001. The character was later established to be the long-lost daughter of original character Victoria Lord, portrayed by multiple Daytime Emmy Award-winner Erika Slezak. Archer previously auditioned for the role of Jennifer Rappaport then later on, she would audition for Natalie then named Valerie.
ABC announced its decision to cancel One Life to Live, along with All My Children, in 2011. Prospect Park attempted to resurrect both series in an online format following their network finales; however, due to funding issues, such plans were abandoned. In January 2013, Prospect Park confirmed that they were attempting to resurrect both series for a second time, which turned into a promising venture. The company was able to sign with the labor unions and get the other production issues dealt with. Archer reprised her role for the series' one-season return, in a partnership with TOLN and Hulu.
In 2014, Archer played Evelyn Preston in the soap opera web series Beacon Hill. In August 2014, it was announced that Archer had been cast in the newly created role of Serena Mason on Days of Our Lives first appearing on December 5, 2014. In April 2015, Archer was let go from the series. Archer last appeared on August 27, 2015.
|1997||Wishbone||Sarah Johnson||Guest role; "A Bone in Contention"|
|2001–13||One Life to Live||Natalie Buchanan||Regular role|
|2012||Excuse Me for Living||Laura||Film|
|2014||West End||Lauren Buccellato||Film|
|2014||Beacon Hill||Evelyn Preston||Web series|
|2014–15||Days of Our Lives||Serena Mason||Regular role|
|2015||Coach of the Year||Kelly Smithson||Film; post-production|
- "One Life to Live recap (7/16/01)". ABC.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on March 26, 2008. Retrieved March 26, 2008.
- Christina Amodeo-Pisano. "Melissa Archer - Actress Profile and Biography". Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Afterbuzz TV's Days of Our Lives for August 16–21, 2015 Review with Melissa Archer. August 23, 2015. 1:03:52 - 1:04:00 mark.
- "A Who's Who Guide For Beacon Hill!". ABC Soaps In Depth. February 28, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "The Characters". Beaconhilltheseries.com. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Mitovitch, Matt Webb (August 28, 2014). "One Life to Live's Melissa Archer Joins Days of Our Lives — Exclusive Details". TVLine. PMC. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Fairman, Michael (April 2, 2015). "Melissa Archer Confirmed OUT At Days of our Lives!". Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps. United States. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- "One Life to Live's Melissa Archer Ties The Knot". Retrieved 12 May 2011.