Melissa Bell (actress)
7 November 1972 |
|Occupation||Actress, fashion designer|
|Spouse(s)||Jason Redlich (m. 1996; div. 1998)
Gary Dickinson (m. 2000; d. 2016)
Melissa Bell (born 7 November 1972) is an Australian actress and fashion designer. She is the third actor to play Neighbours character Lucy Robinson, a role she has played on a recurring basis from 1991.
Bell had earlier appeared in the soap opera E Street in the guest role of Janine. She left the role of Lucy in Neighbours to return to E Street to play new character, the eco-crusader Bonnie Tait. After E Street ended Bell made several brief returns to Neighbours.
Bell was married to Jason Redlich from 1996 to 1998. They have one son. Following the end of her marriage, Bell suffered from body dysmorphic disorder and depression. In 2000, Bell married Gary Dickinson. They had three children and lived on the Gold Coast. In November 2015, Dickinson, then 57 suffered a heart attack which left him in a coma. Dickinson died on 13 February 2016.
- Diamonds (TV series 1988)
- E Street (TV series 1990–1993)
- Paradise Beach (TV series 1993)
- G.P. (TV series 1994)
- Home and Away (TV series 1996)
- The Venus Factory (1998)
- Water Rats (TV series 1998)
- Neighbours (TV series 1991–1992, 1993, 1995, 2005, 2013–)
- Mercado, Andrew (2004). Super Aussie Soaps: Behind the Scenes of Australia's Best Loved TV Shows. Australia: Pluto Press. p. 297. ISBN 1-86403-191-3.
- Celebrity Overhaul: Melissa Bell, Nine Network.
- Wing's eye on Bell's view, The Daily Telegraph, 7 August 2007.
- "HUSBAND TRIED TO KILL ME CLAIMS OZ SOAP QUEEN MELISSA; PUNCHED: He struck as I cradled our four-week-old son.". The Free Library. Gale. 1997. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Croffey, Amy; Griffiths, Neil (21 November 2014). "'I was going through a traumatic time in my life... it was a personal trigger.' Melissa Bell opens up about spending $115,000 on plastic surgery". Daily Mail Australia. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Melissa Bell admits she suffered body dysmorphia leading to thousands of dollars of plastic surgery". The Daily Telegraph. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- Koch, Phillip (8 December 2015). "Neighbours star Melissa Bell's brave battle to save her husband's life". Woman's Day. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Neighbours star Melissa Bell reveals heartbreak after husband Gary Dickinson battled for life". 21 February 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
|This article about an Australian television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|