Melitta Sollmann in 1981.
Melitta Sollmann (born 20 August 1958 in Gotha, Thuringia) is an East German luger who competed from the late 1970s to the mid-1980s. She won the silver medal in the women's singles event at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York.
Sollmann also won three medals in the women's singles event at the FIL World Luge Championships with two golds (1979, 1981) and one silver (1983). She also won three medals in the women's singles event at the FIL European Luge Championships with two golds (1979, 1980) and one bronze (1982).
Sollmann's best overall Luge World Cup finish was third in 1982-3.
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Women's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- Kluge, Volker. (2000). Das große Lexikon der DDR-Sportler. Berlin: Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf. (German)
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of women's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
- SportQuick.com information on World champions in luge (French)
|This biographical article relating to German luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German Winter Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|