Mellish Road Methodist Chapel
|Town or city||Walsall|
|Designations||Grade II listed|
In the 1990s, subsidence caused by the flooding of disused mine-workings beneath the chapel caused a significant crack to appear in its walls. It was declared unsafe and abandoned. An arson attack in 2008 further weakened it, and - after being de-listed - it was demolished in 2011.
- "Salvaged Walsall chapel spire goes on sale at Britain's quirkiest fair for £130k starting price". Walsall Advertiser. 22 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Buildings of England, Staffordshire, p295
- "For Sale - church spire, would suit large garden or mobile phone aerial". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1414560)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Mellish Road Methodist Church, Walsall". The National Archives. Retrieved 22 June 2015.