Mellow Man Ace
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mellow Man Ace|
|Birth name||Ulpiano Sergio Reyes|
April 12, 1967 |
Pinar del Río, Pinar del Río, Cuba
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Website||Mellow Man Ace|
Ulpiano Sergio Reyes (born April 12, 1967), better known as Mellow Man Ace, is a Cuban-American rapper known for bilingual delivery and novelty rhymes. He was born in Cuba and left Cuba with his family at the age of four and resettled in Los Angeles.
His debut album Escape From Havana was released on Capitol in 1989 and featured production from The Dust Brothers and Def Jef. Almost a year later, the single "Mentirosa" was a Top 20 hit with Ace rapping over a crafty hook from Santana's "Evil Ways", of which he got into a little legal trouble for, because he did not get permission to use Santana's song or pay royalty fees before recording and releasing the track. Also a member of the Latin Alliance project and the Reyes Brothers (with his older brother Sen Dog of Cypress Hill), Mellow Man Ace recorded one further album, The Brother With Two Tongues, before virtually retiring from the scene. He returned in 2000 with the release of From The Darkness Into The Light.
- 1989: Escape from Havana
- 1992: The Brother with Two Tongues
- 2000: From the Darkness into the Light
- 2004: Vengo a Cobrar
- 2010: Restoring Order
- 1991: Latin Alliance (with Kid Frost & A.L.T., as Latin Alliance)
- 2006: Ghetto Therapy (with Sen Dog, as Reyes Bros)
- 2008: La Familia Vol. 1 (with Various Artists)
- Only the Strong (1993) — Student rapper
- Heroes of Latin Hip Hop (2002)
- "Mellow Man Ace". Discogs. Retrieved 2016-12-24.