Meltdown (bar chain)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||May 1, 2012|
|Founders||Sophia Metz |
Manolack Sana Nikone
|Services||Barcraft, Bar, Themed parties, Event management|
Based on the idea of a permanent Barcraft, the first bar Meltdown was established in 2012 in Paris in a small bistro on rue Albert-Thomas. It streamed eSports competitions and had computers and consoles available for use by its clientele. The bar moved to a new location on Passage Thiéré, in the 11th arrondissement of Paris on December 21, 2013.
Meltdown has a menu of cocktails inspired by the video game universe.
A schedule, varying depending on the city, highlights one specific game each day of the week, with the organisation of a free access tournament. Outside of tournament hours, computers and consoles are available for customers to play games.
A team of professional players was created by Meltdown in 2014. The first player to wear its colors was Olivier “Louffy” Hay, followed by Ilyes “Stephano” Satouri. The player Florent “Neo” Lecoanet, a world champion of Super Mario Kart, has since joined the team.
The creation of the Meltdown franchise was announced in March 2013. The bars currently open are:
- Paris (opened on May 1, 2012 - new location as of December 21, 2013)
- Montpellier (opened on July 12, 2014)
- Lille (opened on September 4, 2014)
- Bordeaux (opened on December 13, 2014)
- Strasbourg (opened on January 10, 2015)
- Toulouse (opened on March 21, 2015)
- Grenoble (open on April 11, 2015)
- Tours (opened on April 16, 2016)
- Lyon (opened on April 30, 2016)
- Reims (opened on June 11, 2016)
- Troyes (opened on October 15, 2016)
- Rennes (opened on October 29, 2016)
- Dijon (opened on April 29, 2017)
- Caen (opened on May 27, 2017)
- Marseille (opened on September 22, 2018)
- Pau, Pyrénées-Atlantiques (opened on September 29, 2018)
- Other countries:
- London (United Kingdom, opened on June 1, 2013)
- Valencia (Spain, opened on May 29, 2015)
- Cologne (Germany, opened on January 30, 2016)
- Brussels (Belgium, opened on May 7, 2016)
- Montreal (Canada, opened on July 30, 2016)
- Toronto (Canada, opened in November 12, 2016)
- Madrid (Spain, opened on February 18, 2017)
- Geneva (Switzerland, opened on October 20, 2018)
- Barcelona (Spain, opened on November 3, 2018)
- "Le premier bar d'esport en Europe a ouvert à Paris"
- , Meltdown, "Meltdown Esports Bars", on www.meltdown.bar (accessed on September 14th 2016).
- , "Au comptior des geeks"
- , "Rencontre avec Yann-Cédric Mainguy, co-fondateur du Meltdown"
- , "Le phénomène e-sport"
- , "Meltdown Luffy, champion de l'Evo : "Une grosse fierté pour l'Europe et pour la France"
- ,"Stephano quitte EG pour le Meltdown"
- , "Reportage - Un bar dedié l'e-sport"