Melville, Pictou County, Nova Scotia
|• Councillor, District 4||Ronald Baillie|
|• MLA, Pictou West||Karla MacFarlane|
|• MP, Central Nova||Peter MacKay|
|Highest elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Time zone||AST (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||ADT (UTC-3)|
|Canadian Postal Code||B0K 1N0|
|Area code and exchange||(902) 351-xxxx|
Melville is an unincorporated area in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Pictou County. It is on Nova Scotia Trunk 6 between the communities of River John, Cape John and Toney River. It is a rural area on the Northumberland Strait to the east of Cape John. The nearest village is River John, some 5 km south, and it is there that postal, telephone and fire services are located. The nearest town is Pictou some 29 km to the east.
There is a small harbour at Skinners Cove, comprising short breakwaters and wharves either side of a narrow channel. It is used mainly by the fishing industry and a few recreational boats. Recent improvements to the harbour were funded by the Government of Canada.
- "MEMBERS OF COUNCIL 2012 – 2016" (PDF). Municipality of Pictou County. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "The Atlas of Canada". Toporama. Government of Canada. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Nova Scotia Geographical Names". Province of Nova Scotia. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Place-Names and Places of Nova Scotia". Province of Nova Scotia. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Archived – Minister MacKay Announces Funding for Two Nova Scotia Harbours". News Releases 2008. Fisheries and Oceans Canada. December 5, 2008. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
|This Pictou County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|