|Born||August 30, 1946|
|Alma mater||Brooklyn College, CUNY, Harvard University, Harvard Medical School|
|Fields||Anthropology, behavioral biology|
|Institutions||Harvard University, Emory University|
|Thesis||Infants of a foraging people (1973)|
Melvin Joel Konner (born 1946) is an American anthropologist who is the Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor of Anthropology and of Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology at Emory University. He studied at Brooklyn College, CUNY (1966), where he met Marjorie Shostak, whom he later married and with whom he had three children.[better source needed]
From 1985 on, he contributed substantially in developing the concept of a Paleolithic diet and its impact on health, publishing along with Stanley Boyd Eaton, and later also with his wife Marjorie Shostak and with Loren Cordain.
- Konner, Melvin J. (2019) Believers: Faith in Human Nature. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 978-0393651867
- Konner, Melvin J. (2015) Women After All: Sex, Evolution, and the End of Male Supremacy. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 978-0393352313
- Konner, Melvin J. (2010) The Evolution of Childhood. Cambridge, MA : The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0674045668
- Konner, Melvin J. (2009) The Jewish Body. Knopf. ISBN 978-0805242362
- Konner, Melvin J. (2003) Unsettled: An Anthropology of the Jews. New York : Viking Compass. ISBN 978-0670032440
- Konner, Melvin J. (2002) The Tangled Wing: Biological Constraints on the Human Spirit, 2nd ed. (original 1982) New York: Times Books. ISBN 978-0805072792
- Konner, Melvin J. (1993) Medicine at the Crossroads: The Crisis in Healthcare. Pantheon Books. ISBN 978-0679415459
- Konner, Melvin J. (1990) Why the Reckless Survive . . . and Other Secrets of Human Nature. New York: Viking. ISBN 978-0670829361
- Konner, Melvin J. (1987) Becoming a Doctor: A Journey of Initiation in Medical School. New York: Viking. ISBN 978-0140111163
- Paleolithic diet
- Stanley Boyd Eaton, researcher
- Loren Cordain, researcher
- Staffan Lindeberg, researcher
- Melvin J. Konner, Ph.D
- Miscellaneous Obituaries of Anthropologists
- Eaton SB, Konner M. "Paleolithic nutrition. A consideration of its nature and current implications." The New England Journal of Medicine 1985 Jan 31;312(5):283-9.
- Eaton SB, Konner MJ. "Stone age nutrition: implications for today." Bol Asoc Med P R. 1986 May;78(5):217-9.
- Eaton SB, Eaton SB 3rd, Konner MJ. "Paleolithic nutrition revisited: a twelve-year retrospective on its nature and implications." Eur J Clin Nutr. 1997 Apr;51(4):207-16.
- Eaton SB, Konner M, Shostak M. "Stone agers in the fast lane: chronic degenerative diseases in evolutionary perspective." Am J Med. 1988 Apr;84(4):739-49.
- Eaton SB, Konner MJ, Cordain L. "Diet-dependent acid load, Paleolithic [corrected] nutrition, and evolutionary health promotion." Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Feb;91(2):295-7.
- So Was It Odd of God? - The New York Times