Melvin Wong Hwang Chee
|Melvin Wong Hwang Chee|
Melvin Wong Hwang Chee|
30 July 1978
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, speaker, businessman|
Melvin Wong Hwang Chee (born 30 July 1978) is a Malaysian entrepreneur, speaker and businessman. He was the founder of FanXT, a fantasy sports platforms for The Football Association, MotoGP and Formula One.
Melvin was born on 30 July 1978, in Kuching, Sarawak. He started his company Just Mobile in 2005 which expanded into a fantasy sports platform known as FanXT. In 2016, Grand Perfecta Inc., a Tokyo based company, acquired FanXT via its U.S subsidiary, Sports Perfecta Inc.
In 2012, Melvin represented his country at Global Entrepreneurship Week, organised by United States Department of State, which was held at The White House in Washington DC. In 2013, Melvin was a speaker at science, technology and entrepreneurship event together with Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, Kerri-Ann Jones at Universiti Teknologi MARA System in Malaysia. He was also a speaker at The Global Entrepreneurship Summit which was officiated by President Obama and was held in 2013.
Melvin was the winner of MyEG Make The Pitch Season 2, a business reality show that was aired on 8TV (Malaysia) in 2012. He won a sum of MYR 1 million investment money from MyEG which he later turned down. He was also among the semi-finalists at Startup Asia business TV reality show aired on Channel News Asia in 2014.
Melvin has won several local and international awards including the TiE’s All-Asia Business Plan Competition in 2012 and Malaysia's National Intellectual Property Award, organised by MyIPO in 2014. Melvin's FanXT was a finalist in The Football Business Awards 2014 together with Bloomberg Sports, FIFA and Sky Deutschland. Currently, Melvin is a mentor with The South Bay Entrepreneurial Center in California.
- National Intellectual Property Awards - Malaysia - (2014)
- GIST - U.S - (2013)
- TiE Global All-Asia Business Competition - India - (2012)
- MSC Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) - Malaysia - (2011)
- MIPTV Finalist for Content 360 Competition - MIPTV - France - (2010)
- InnOvation Malaysia Awards - Malaysia - (2009)
- Mobile Monday Global Summit Peer Awards - Malaysia - (2008)
- MSC Mobile Content Competition - Malaysia - (2006)
- Melvin Wong Hwang Chee makes a pivot to fantasy sports Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Just Mobile founder and chief executive officer Melvin Wong Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Grand Perfecta, Inc., Acquires FanXT to Expand Into Fantasy Sports Market Yahoo Finance Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Country representative in Global Entrepreneurship Week event in the U.S White House in 2012 Retrieved 24 January 2017
- MyEG Make The Pitch, a reality show showcasing Malaysian entrepreneurs pitching their innovative ideas to a group of potential investors in order to gain monetary investment airing on 8TV Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Melvin Wong Hwang yang mecipta Perisian Applikasi Fantasy Football Untuk Sistem Android Google dan Sistem Opera Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Melvin Wong, Eddie Lim and Hassanal Burhanuddin, presented a winning business plan on a fantasy online game website Retrieved 24 January 2017
- World Intellectual Property Organisation praises Malaysian IP management The Borneo Post Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Sportradar Security Services shortlisted in two categories at Football Business Awards Retrieved 24 January 2017
- Brace of Respected Awards for FanXT Retrieved 24 January 2017
- FanXT waved high Jalur Gemilang at Asia Level Business Competition in India Retrieved 24 January 2017
- The South Bay Entrepreneurial Center Retrieved 25 January 2017