|Born||8 July 1962|
|Education||B.B.M.(Business Management), M.A. (Sociology)|
|Literary movement||Propagation of Konkani Poetry towards International Status|
|Notable works||Prikriticho Paas|
|Notable awards||Konkani Bhasha Mandal, Goa (1989), Konkani Kuttom, Bahrain (2006), Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Akademi Honorary Award for Literature (2006); Dr TMA Pai Foundation Best Konkani Book Award (2009); Sahitya Akademi Award (2010)|
Melvyn Rodrigues was born at Derebail, Mangalore, on 8 July 1962'. His parents were Charles and Theresa Rodrigues, with family of 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. He had his primary education at Holy Family Higher Primary School, Derebail, and his high school studies in Padua High School, Mangalore. After completing his pre-university studies at St. Aloysius College, he acquired his B.B.M. degree at S.D.M.College, Mangalore, and M.A. (Sociology) degree from Mysore University. He worked in Dubai until 2006. He lives in Mangalore and is 'Operations Director' at Daijiworld Media.
- Served as secretary of 'Konkani Bhasha Mandall'
- Served as secretary of 'Kala Sampath' 
- Started 'Zage Kavi' movement along with Cha. Fra. D'Costa to promote Konkani poetry.
- Founded 'Mandd Sobhann' along with Cha. Fra. D'Costa and Eric Ozario.
- Co-founder of Daiji Dubai, Forum of Konkani Writers in the U.A.E.
- President of 24th All India Konkani Sahitya Sammelan held at Cancona, Goa
|Year||Category||Name of the Book||Remarks||Publisher||Awards|
|2018||Translation||Ugtem Daar ||Translation of K.S. Narasimhaswamy's Kannada Poetry 'Tereda Bagilu' into Konkani||Sahitya Akademi||-|
|2016||Essays||Ugtem Mon ||Collection of Essays||Daiji Dubai Prakashan||-|
|2015||Poetry||Devi Ninkasi ||Collection of Poems||Evershine Prakashan, Mangalore||Vimala V Pai Vishwa Konkani Poetry Award|
|2012||Poetry||Vinchnnar Kavita||Collection of Selected Poems||Kavita Publications||-|
|2011||Anthology||Geet ani Kovit||Editor: Collection of poems and songs by Wilfy Rebimbus||Goa Konkani Akademi||-|
|2008||Poetry||Prikriticho Paas||Collection of Poems||Kavita Publications||Sahitya Akademi Award, Dr TMA Pai Foundation Best Konkani Book Award|
|2008||Anthology||Kovll'llea Pavlamchim Novlam||Editor: Anthology of Poems||Kavita Publications||-|
|2007||Anthology||20vea Shekddeachyo Konknni Kavita||Editor: Selected Konkani Poems of 20th Century||Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Academy||-|
|2003||Anthology||Kalllokantlim Kantaram||Editor: Anthology of Poems||Kavita Publications||-|
|2003||Anthology||Kupam Pondlim Mukham||Editor: Anthology of Poems||Kavita Publications||-|
|2003||Essays||Shabdulim||Collection of Essays||Kavita Publications||-|
|2003||Poetry||Vaatt||Collection of Poems||Kavita Publications||-|
|1996||Poetry||Fintam||Collection of Poems||Mandd Sobhann, Mangalore||-|
|1995||Translation||Kanni Zali Choli||Translation of Kannanda short Stories of Yashwant Vithoba Chittal||Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi||-|
|1988||Poetry||ಮೊಗಾಪೆಳೊ (MogapeLo)||Collection of Love Poems||Pragati Prakashan, Mangalore||-|
|1983||Novella||Bhesam Zallem Kalliz||Short novel||Punov Prakashan, Mangalore||-|
Music Album Lyricist
Melvyn wrote the lyrics for 'Rang Tarang' group. Mandd Sobhann  has set tunes to more than fifty of Melvyn's poems. His independent music album was 'Dini Dini'  released in 2006, published by Kavita Publications.
Propagation of Konkani Poetry via Kavita Trust
Kavita Trust was formed in 2006 and Melvyn Rodrigues was the founder president of the Trust. The Trust has its mission as "To function as a School for the Promotion and Propagation of Konkani poetry". It operates out of Mangalore. It conducts several activities  to promote Konkani poetry such as
- Endowment Lecture by eminent poets- Yearly
- Kavita Fest (Konkani Poetry Festival) - Yearly
- Konkani Poetry Publications
- All India Konkani Poetry Writing Competition for Students  - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Youth  - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Children  - Yearly
Awards and recognition
Melvyn has been conferred with several awards for his contribution to poetry.
- 2019: Kala Puraskar Award by MCA Qatar 
- 2016: Smt. Vimala V Pai Vishwa Konkani PoetryAward 
- 2016: Daiji Dubai Award 
- 2015: Pandurag Bhaangi Bimb Award 
- 2013: FKCA Award 
- 2012: Sahitya Akademi Award 2012 for Prikriticho Paas
- 2010: Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Akademi Honorary Award for Literature
- 2009: Dr TMA Pai Foundation Best Konkani Book Award
- 2006: Konkani Kuttom, Bahrain
- 2006: Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Akademi Honorary Award for Literature
- 1989: Konkani Bhasha Mandal, Goa
Celebration of Melyvn's Poetry "Geet Gazaal 2.0"
- "Konkani Bhasha Mandal Karnataka".
- "Kala Sampath".
- "Zage Kavi".
- "Co Founder of Daiji Dubai".
- "Writers are conscience keepers of society – Konkani poet Melvyn Rodrigues".
- "News on Ugtem Daar Book".
- "News on Ugtem Mon book release".
- "Devi Ninkasi Book review".
- "Mandd Sobhann".
- "News about Dini dini".
- "Kavitaa Trust Sponsored Competitions".
- "All India Konkani Poetry Writing Competition for Students".
- "All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Youth".
- "All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Children".
- "'Mithr' and 'Jhelo'".
- "MCA, Doha Qatar Confers Kala Puraskar Award".
- "Vishwa Konkani Awards conferred on five eminent achievers".
- "News on Daiji Dubai Award 2015".
- "Bimb Prakashan in Goa" (PDF). Cite journal requires
- "News on FKCA Award 2013".