From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Memanbetsu)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Both are named after the former town.
Memanbetsu Airport is named after the former town.
- 1890 – Establishment of timber harvesting for the purpose of supplying the match manufacturing industry
- 1898 – Agriculture begins, bringing the first extensive settlement of the area
- 1912 – With the opening of Memambetsu station on the new railway line between Kitami and Abashiri large numbers of settlers begin arriving and a small village begins to develop
- April 1921 – Memanbetsu is administratively separated from Abashiri City and accorded official village status
- April 1951 – Memanbetsu is accorded official town status
- 31 March 2006 – Memanbetsu Town is merged with Higashimokoto Village (also in Abashiri District) to form the new town of Ōzora
- Internet Archive of Memanbetsu's website (Japanese)