Members of the Dewan Rakyat, 12th Malaysian Parliament
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|12th Parliament of Malaysia|
|Meeting place||Malaysian Houses of Parliament|
|Term||28 April 2008 – 3 April 2013|
|Election||2008 general election|
|Government||Third Abdullah cabinet (until 3 April 2009)|
First Najib cabinet
|Speaker||Pandikar Amin Mulia|
|Deputy Speaker||Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar|
|Prime Minister||Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (until 3 April 2009)|
|Leader of the Opposition||Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (until 28 August 2008)|
|Party control||Barisan Nasional|
|Yang di-Pertuan Agong||Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin (until 12 December 2011)|
Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
- 1 Composition
- 2 Elected members by state
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
Elected members by state
Unless noted otherwise, the MPs served the entire term of the parliament (from 28 April 2008 until 3 April 2013).
|P001||Padang Besar||Azmi Khalid||BN (UMNO)|
|P002||Kangar||Mohd Radzi Sheikh Ahmad||BN (UMNO)|
|P003||Arau||Ismail Kassim||BN (UMNO)|
|PAS 6 | BN 4 | PKR 3 | IND 2|
|P004||Langkawi||Abu Bakar Taib||BN (UMNO)|
|P005||Jerlun||Mukhriz Mahathir||BN (UMNO)|
|P006||Kubang Pasu||Mohd Johari Baharum||BN (UMNO)|
|P007||Padang Terap||Mohd Nasir Zakaria||PR (PAS)|
|P008||Pokok Sena||Mahfuz Omar||PR (PAS)|
|P009||Alor Star||Chor Chee Heung||BN (MCA)|
|P010||Kuala Kedah||Ahmad Kassim||PR (PKR)|
|P011||Pendang||Mohd Hayati Othman||PR (PAS)|
|P012||Jerai||Mohd Firdaus Jaafar||PR (PAS)|
|P013||Sik||Che Uda Che Nik||PR (PAS)|
|P014||Merbok||Rashid Din||PR (PKR)|
|P015||Sungai Petani||Johari Abdul||PR (PKR)|
|P016||Baling||Taib Azamudden Md Taib||PR (PAS)|
|P017||Padang Serai||N Gobalakrishnan[N 1]||IND|
|P018||Kulim-Bandar Baharu||Zulkifli Nordin[N 2]||IND|
|PAS 8 | PKR 3 | BN 2 | IND 1|
|P019||Tumpat||Kamarudin Jaffar||PR (PAS)|
|P020||Pengkalan Chepa||Abdul Halim Abdul Rahman||PR (PAS)|
|P021||Kota Bharu||Wan Abdul Rahim Wan Abdullah||PR (PAS)|
|P022||Pasir Mas||Ibrahim Ali[N 3]||IND|
|P023||Rantau Panjang||Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff||PR (PAS)|
|P024||Kubang Kerian||Salahuddin Ayub||PR (PAS)|
|P025||Bachok||Nasharudin Mat Isa||PR (PAS)|
|P026||Ketereh||Abdul Aziz Abdul Kadir||PR (PKR)|
|P027||Tanah Merah||Amran Ab Ghani||PR (PKR)|
|P028||Pasir Puteh||Muhammad Husin||PR (PAS)|
|P029||Machang||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail||PR (PKR)|
|P030||Jeli||Mustapa Mohamed||BN (UMNO)|
|P031||Kuala Krai||Mohd Hatta Ramli||PR (PAS)|
|P032||Gua Musang||Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 6 | PAS 2|
|P033||Besut||Abdullah Md Zin||BN (UMNO)|
|P034||Setiu||Mohd Jidin Shafee||BN (UMNO)|
|P035||Kuala Nerus||Mohd Nasir Ibrahim Fikri||BN (UMNO)|
|P036||Kuala Terengganu||Mohd Abdul Wahid Endut from 17 January 2009 [N 4]||PR (PAS)|
|Razali Ismail until 28 November 2008||BN (UMNO)|
|P037||Marang||Abdul Hadi Awang||PR (PAS)|
|P038||Hulu Terengganu||Mohd Nor Othman||BN (UMNO)|
|P039||Dungun||Matulidi Jusoh||BN (UMNO)|
|P040||Kemaman||Ahmad Shabery Cheek||BN (UMNO)|
|DAP 7 | BN 2 | PKR 2 | IND 2|
|P041||Kepala Batas||Abdullah Ahmad Badawi||BN (UMNO)|
|P042||Tasek Gelugor||Nor Mohamed Yakcop||BN (UMNO)|
|P043||Bagan||Lim Guan Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P044||Permatang Pauh||Anwar Ibrahim from 26 August 2008 [N 5]||PR (PKR)|
|Wan Azizah Wan Ismail until 31 July 2008||PR (PKR)|
|P045||Bukit Mertajam||Chong Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P046||Batu Kawan||Ramasamy Palanisamy||PR (DAP)|
|P047||Nibong Tebal||Tan Tee Beng[N 6]||IND|
|P048||Bukit Bendera||Liew Chin Tong||PR (DAP)|
|P049||Tanjong||Chow Kon Yeow||PR (DAP)|
|P050||Jelutong||Jeff Ooi Chuan Aun||PR (DAP)|
|P051||Bukit Gelugor||Karpal Singh Ram Singh||PR (DAP)|
|P052||Bayan Baru||Zahrain Mohamed Hashim[N 7]||IND|
|P053||Balik Pulau||Mohd Yusmadi Mohd Yusoff||PR (PKR)|
|BN 12 | PKR 2|
|P078||Cameron Highlands||Devamany S. Krishnasamy||BN (MIC)|
|P079||Lipis||Mohamad Shahrum Osman||BN (UMNO)|
|P080||Raub||Ng Yen Yen||BN (MCA)|
|P081||Jerantut||Tengku Azlan Sultan Abu Bakar||BN (UMNO)|
|P082||Indera Mahkota||Azan Ismail||PR (PKR)|
|P083||Kuantan||Fuziah Salleh||PR (PKR)|
|P084||Paya Besar||Abdul Manan Ismail||BN (UMNO)|
|P085||Pekan||Najib Tun Razak||BN (UMNO)|
|P086||Maran||Ismail Muttalib||BN (UMNO)|
|P087||Kuala Krau||Ismail Mohamed Said||BN (UMNO)|
|P088||Temerloh||Saifuddin Abdullah||BN (UMNO)|
|P089||Bentong||Liow Tiong Lai||BN (MCA)|
|P090||Bera||Ismail Sabri Yaakob||BN (UMNO)|
|P091||Rompin||Jamaluddin Jarjis||BN (UMNO)|
Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
|DAP 5 | PKR 3 | BN 1 | IND 1 | VAC 1|
|P114||Kepong||Tan Seng Giaw||PR (DAP)|
|P115||Batu||Chua Tian Chang||PR (PKR)|
|P116||Wangsa Maju||Wee Choo Keong[N 12]||IND|
|P117||Segambut||Lim Lip Eng||PR (DAP)|
|P118||Setiawangsa||Zulhasnan Rafique||BN (UMNO)|
|P119||Titiwangsa||Vacant since 17 July 2011||VAC|
|Lo' Lo' Mohd Ghazali until 17 July 2011 [N 13]||PR (PAS)|
|P120||Bukit Bintang||Fong Kui Lun||PR (DAP)|
|P121||Lembah Pantai||Nurul Izzah Anwar||PR (PKR)|
|P122||Seputeh||Teresa Kok Suh Sim||PR (DAP)|
|P123||Cheras||Tan Kok Wai||PR (DAP)|
|P124||Bandar Tun Razak||Abdul Khalid Ibrahim||PR (PKR)|
Federal Territory of Putrajaya
|P125||Putrajaya||Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 5 | DAP 2 | PKR 1|
|P126||Jelebu||Rais Yatim||BN (UMNO)|
|P127||Jempol||Lilah Yasin||BN (UMNO)|
|P128||Seremban||John Fernandez||PR (DAP)|
|P129||Kuala Pilah||Hasan Malek||BN (UMNO)|
|P130||Rasah||Loke Siew Fook||PR (DAP)|
|P131||Rembau||Khairy Jamaluddin||BN (UMNO)|
|P132||Telok Kemang||Kamarul Bahrin Abbas||PR (PKR)|
|P133||Tampin||Shaziman Abu Mansor||BN (UMNO)|
|BN 5 | DAP 1|
|P134||Masjid Tanah||Abu Seman Yusop||BN (UMNO)|
|P135||Alor Gajah||Fong Chan Onn||BN (MCA)|
|P136||Tangga Batu||Idris Haron||BN (UMNO)|
|P137||Bukit Katil||Md Sirat Abu||BN (UMNO)|
|P138||Kota Melaka||Sim Tong Him||PR (DAP)|
|P139||Jasin||Ahmad Hamzah||BN (UMNO)|
Federal Territory of Labuan
|P166||Labuan||Rozman Isli||BN (UMNO)|
- Gobalakrishnan was elected to Parliament as a member of Parti Keadilan Rakyat but in January 2011, he left the party to sit as an independent.
- Zulkifli was elected to Parliament as a member of Parti Keadilan Rakyat but was dismissed by the party on 5 March 2010. He now sits as an independent.
- Ibrahim was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the PAS but left the party to sit as an independent.
- See Kuala Terengganu by-election, 2009.
- See Permatang Pauh by-election, 2008.
- Tan was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 1 March 2010 to sit as an independent.
- Zahrain was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 12 February 2010 to sit as an independent.
- Mohsin was elected to Parliament as a member of Keadilan but quit the party on 1 March 2010 to sit as an independent.
- see Bukit Gantang by-election, 2009.
- Jeyakumar is a member of the Socialist Party of Malaysia (PSM) but was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the People's Justice Party in the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition.
- see Hulu Selangor by-election, 2010.
- Wee was elected as a member of PKR but in May 2010 left the party to sit as an independent.
- The seat remained vacant after her death.
- Bumburing was elected as a Barisan Nasional MP but in July 2012 joined the Pakatan Rakyat opposition as an independent.
- Majimbun was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the Barisan National, but SAPP officially withdrew from BN in September 2008 to become independent.
- Lajim was elected as a Barisan Nasional MP but in July 2012 joined the Pakatan Rakyat opposition.
- Tsen was elected to Parliament in the Batu Sapi by-election, 2010 after the death of her husband.
- Chua was elected to Parliament on the ticket of the Barisan National, but SAPP officially withdrew from BN in September 2008 to become independent.
- see Sibu by-election, 2010
- "Proclamation - Dissolution of Parliament [P.U. (A) 129/2013]" (PDF). Attorney General's Chamber of Malaysia. 3 April 2013.
- "Representatives Archive List of Members PARLIMEN 12". Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-08-04.