Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly, 1947–1950
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 On 14 May 1949, the Labor member for Ipswich, David Gledson, died. Labor candidate Ivor Marsden won the resulting by-election on 10 September 1949.
- 2 On 18 July 1949, the Labor member for Kurilpa, Kerry Copley, died. Labor candidate Thomas Moores won the resulting by-election on 10 September 1949.
- 3 On 27 October 1949, Ted Maher, the Country member for West Moreton resigned to contest a seat in the Australian Senate at the 1949 federal election. The following day, Charles Russell, the member for Dalby, resigned to contest the seat of Maranoa. No by-elections were held due to the proximity of the 1950 state election
- "Table 1. Precis of results of Queensland state elections 1932 to 2012" (PDF). Queensland Parliament. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Waterson, D.B. Biographical register of the Queensland Parliament, 1930-1980 Canberra: ANU Press (1982)
- Hughes, Colin A.; Graham, B. D. (1976). Voting for the Queensland Legislative Assembly, 1890-1964. Canberra: Australian National University. ISBN 0-7081-0301-4.
|31st Queensland Legislative Assembly