From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Memel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Memel, a name derived from the Couronian-Latvian memelis, mimelis, mēms for "mute, silent", may refer to:
- Memel, East Prussia, Germany, now Klaipėda, Lithuania
- Neman River (German Memel), part of a river in East Prussia, Germany, mentioned in the Deutschlandlied (1841) as the eastern border of Germany
- Nemunėlis River (German Memele, Latvian Mēmele) in northern Lithuania and southern Latvia
- Memel, Free State, a village in the Free State Province of South Africa
- SS Memel, a German cargo ship in service 1934–1945
- The indigenous name of Goat Island, New South Wales, Australia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Memel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.