Memet Ali Alabora
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Memet Ali Alabora|
25 November 1977|
|Years active||1994 – present|
The eldest child of a family of artists, Alabora's first performing experiences were in the plays The Matchmaker, Fiddler on the Roof, and West Side Story, which were performed in English by the theater branch of his school. In high school, Alabora also acted in plays by Shakespeare and Orhan Veli. In 1994, with support from his high school, Özel Boğaziçi Lisesi, Alabora founded a semi-professional theater.
His first professional acting position was in the play Acaba Hangisi?, performed at the Tiyatro Istanbul. At the same time, between 1995 and 1997, he worked as a reporter for the TV program A Takımı ("The A Team"), broadcast on ATV. Alabora also acted in the television series Kara Melek ("Black Angel") and played the lead role in Yılan Hikâyesi ("Snake Story"). In 1999, he played the lead role in the film Kayıkçı ("Boatman"), a Turkish-Greek joint production.
Alabora graduated from the Theater Department of the Istanbul University State Conservatory. He received his master's degree from Yıldız Technical University’s Faculty of Art and Design. Alabora is one of the founders of garajistanbul, a contemporary performing arts institution where he worked until May 2010. He is married to actress Pınar Öğün.
In 2012 he directed Mi Minör.
- 1998 Hommage to Çiğdem Talu (Istanbul University State Conservatory)
- 1998-2010 Acaba Hangisi? (Tiyatro İstanbul) - Vladi
- 1999 Uzakta Piyano Sesleri (Piano Sounds From Distance) (İ.Ü. Devlet Konservaturarı) - Stanislavksi
- 2003-4 The Taming Of The Shrew (Istanbul City Theatre) - Petruchio
- 2008 Hüsn-ü Aşk'a Dair (Istanbul State Opera and Ballet) - Narrator
- 2008-10 Histanbul (garajistanbulpro) - Ali Bora
- 2009-10 Reporter (10+) - Memet Ali Alabora
- 2012-13 Mi Minor (EEMPCM) - President
- 2014 Gegen Die Wand (Theater Freiburg) - President
- 1999 Kayıkçı (Boatman) - Kayıkçı
- 2003 Sır Çocukları Children Of Secret) - Reşo
- 2004 Hababam Sınıfı Merhaba - Matkap Emre
- 2005 Hababam Sınıfı Askerde - Matkap Emre
- 2005 Ayın Karanlık Yüzü (Dark Side Of The Moon) - Yusuf
- 2005 Maskeli Beşler İntikam Peşinde - Murat
- 2005 Dondurmam Gaymak (I Scream, Ice Cream) - "Acting instructor"
- 2006 Hababam Sınıfı 3,5 - Matkap Emre
- 2006 Eve Dönüş (Homecoming) - Mustafa
- 2008 Gölge (Shadow) - Şerif
- 2009 Yedi Kocalı Hürmüz - Hüsrev (Doctor)
- 1996 Kara Melek (Black Angel) (Star TV) - Hakan
- 1999 Yılan Hikayesi (Snake Story) (Kanal D) - Memoli
- 2003 Canım Kocacım (My Dear Husband)(TRT 1) - Can Berke
- 2004 Hayalet (Ghost) (Kanal D) - Sonat
- 2006 Karınca Yuvası (Ant Farm) (Kanal D) - Engin
- 1995-1997 ATV A Team News Programme - Reporter
- 2001-2003 Notada Yazmayanlar "Classical Music Programme" (Radyo Kozmos) - Together with Emir Gamsızoğlu producer and host
- 2001 The Road To Eldorada- Tulio's voiceover
- 2002-2007 Müjdat Gezen Sanat Merkezi (Mujdat Gezen Art Center) - Stage instructor
- 2002-2008 Andante Magazine - Editor, writer - Shared column with pianist Emir Gamsızoğlu
- 2007-2010 garajistanbul - Board member, communications director
- 2008 Çevre Bey - Çevre Bey's voiceover and model for the character
- 2008 Goldberg Variations Journey (Classical Music Project) - Together with pianist Emir Gamsızoğlu design and host
- 2009-2010 Notada Yazmayanlar for Children (İş Sanat) - Together with pianist Emir Gamsızoğlu design and host
- 2010 Chopin's 200th Birthday, Cemal Reşit Rey Concert Hall, (Classical Music Project) - Together with pianist Emir Gamsızoğlu design and host
- "Gendarmerie to guard threatened Gezi Park protester actor Alabora". Hürriyet Daily News. 14 August 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.