Memoir of War
|Memoir of War|
|Directed by||Emmanuel Finkiel|
|Screenplay by||Emmanuel Finkiel|
|Based on||La Douleur|
by Marguerite Duras
|Box office||$2.8 million|
Memoir of War, also known as Memoir of Pain (French: La douleur), is a 2017 French drama film directed by Emmanuel Finkiel. It was selected as the French entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Mélanie Thierry as Marguerite Duras épouse Antelme
- Benoît Magimel as Pierre Rabier
- Benjamin Biolay as Dionys Mascolo
- Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet as François Mitterrand
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 64% based on 33 reviews, with an average rating of 6.75/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Memoir of War benefits from a magnetic performance by Mélanie Thierry, whose work is often enough to counter some of the film's fundamental flaws."
- List of submissions to the 91st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of French submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "La Douleur (2018) - JPBox-Office". www.jpbox-office.com. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "La douleur". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Oscar 2019 du meilleur film en langue étrangère : la liste des films français présélectionnés". Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée. 17 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Richford, Rhonda (21 September 2018). "Oscars: France Selects 'Memoir of War' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Memoir of War (La douleur) (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|