From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Memon may refer to:
- Memon people, a collection of ethnic groups from the northern part of the Indian Subcontinent. Memons come from the Lohana caste of Gujarat.
- Memons from Kathiawar, usually simply called Memons that speaks Memoni Language, further divided into sub-group which is generally refer to their ancestral village or town
- Sindhi Memons a related group native to Sindh, that speaks Sindhi
- Kutchi Memons a group from Kutch that speaks Kutchi
- Okhai Memons a group from Okha Port that speaks Memoni Language.
- Jetpur Memons a group from Jetpur, Gujrat, India that speaks Memoni Language. Their Language is little different as compare to Okhai's and Kutchi's.
- Memon language, spoken by Memons of Kathiwar,
Geographical Areas Named Memon
- Murad Memon Goth, one of the neighbourhoods of Gadap Town in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Government Degree College Memon Goth, a Co-education degree college located in Memon Goth Karachi, Pakistan
People named Memon
- Abdul Jalil Memon, Agriculturist by profession and an active politician from the District of Thatta, Province of Sindh, Pakistan
- Nasrullah Memon, Pakistani first-class cricketer who plays for Hyderabad
- Siddiq Memon, Pakistani businessman born in Karachi, Sindh. He is the current Chairman of Traders Action Committee Pakistan.
- Nisar Memon (b. 1942), Pakistani politician
- Tiger Memon (b. 1960), Indian gangster and terrorist
- Yakub Memon (c. 1962-2015), Indian gangster
- Saud Memon (c. 1961-2007), Pakistani businessman
- Marvi Memon (b. 1972), Pakistani politician
- Muhammad Umar Memon, Professor Emeritus of Urdu Literature and Arabic Studies
- Sattar Memon, Associate Professor of Medicine emeritus at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island since 1996 and holds M.D. and F.A.C.P. degrees.
- Shaikh Ibrahim Memon Madani, imam and Muslim scholar
- Sharjeel Inam Memon, Pakistani politician, affiliated with Pakistan Peoples Party.
- Jan Muhammad A. Memon, a medical professional and an educationist par excellence.
- Sirajul Haq Memon, acclaimed Pakistani Sindhi language novelist, journalist, historian, scholar, linguist, story-writer, and advocate of the Supreme Court
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Memon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.