Memorial High School (Eau Claire, Wisconsin)
|Memorial High School|
2225 Keith Street
|School district||Eau Claire Area School District|
|Teaching staff||98.10 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.59|
|School colour(s)||Purple and white|
|Fight song||On Memorial|
|Athletics conference||Big Rivers Conference|
|Rival||Eau CLaire North|
Advanced Placement (AP) classes are offered in English, art, music, science, social sciences, and math. About half of Memorial students take AP classes.
Memorial has two competitive show choirs, the mixed-gender Old Abe Show Choir and the womens-only Eagle Show Choir. The school hosts a show choir competition, Winterfest, which takes place on the first weekend of February each year.
Memorial belongs to the Big Rivers Conference for athletics. It has teams in football, cross country, soccer, golf, swimming and diving, tennis, volleyball, basketball, gymnastics, hockey, wrestling, baseball, softball, and track and field. The boys' hockey team won state championships in 2008 and 2013. The girls' cross country team won back-to-back state championships in 2014 and 2015.
- Larry Balow – former Wisconsin State Assembly member
- Jake Dowell – hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks and University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dave Duax – former Wisconsin Cabinet Secretary, Vice President of the Eau Claire City Council, and Chairman of the Eau Claire County Board.
- Ann Jones – writer, journalist, photographer, educator and civil rights activist
- Michael Kapla – professional ice hockey player
- Geoffrey Keezer – pianist
- Scott D. Legwold – U.S. National Guard general
- Paul Menard – NASCAR race car driver and son of local billionaire John Menard, owner of Menards
- Chuck Mencel – former basketball player for the Minneapolis Lakers
- Tom Poquette (1970) – Major League Baseball outfielder, 1973, 1976–1979, 1981–1982
- Justin Vernon – frontman for indie band Bon Iver
- Joe Bee Xiong – first Hmong person elected to public office in the United States
- "Memorial High". National Center For Education Statistics. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Memorial High in Eau Claire, WI". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "SCC: Viewing School - Memorial High School". Show Choir Community. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Gallaher, Bob. "2019 Winterfest Show Choir Competition". WEAU. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Boys Hockey - Records & Results". Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Erickson, Nick. "State cross country: Abes repeat as champs; Roberts wins individual title". Eau Claire Leader-Telegarm. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- David L. Duax, February 1, 1944 - April 17, 2015. Hulke Family Funeral Home & Cremation Services.
- Alowairdi, Raji. "Geoffrey Keezer (1986)". WEAU. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Eau Claire Area School District - Tom Poquette - Class of 1970". www.ecasd.k12.wi.us. Retrieved 10 January 2018.