Memorial Lake State Park
|Memorial Lake State Park|
|Pennsylvania State Park|
Memorial Lake State Park
|- elevation||433 ft (132.0 m) |
|Area||230 acres (93 ha)|
|Management||Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||III - Natural Monument|
|Website: Memorial Lake State Park|
Memorial Lake State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on 230 acres (93 ha) in East Hanover Township, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania in the United States. The park is surrounded by Fort Indiantown Gap Military Reservation, headquarters of the Pennsylvania National Guard. It includes Memorial Lake, which is 85 acres (34 ha), and is a 30-minute drive from Harrisburg just off Exit 85 of Interstate 81.
Memorial Lake State Park was established in 1945 in memory and honor of Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers who served in World War I and World War II. Hiking, picnicking, cross-country skiing, and ice skating are some of the recreational activities available at the park.
Fishing and ice fishing are popular recreational activities at the park. The common game fish are largemouth bass, muskellunge, northern pike, yellow perch, white crappie, black crappie, bullhead, channel catfish, carp, sucker, trout, and various species of panfish. Memorial Lake is a warm water fishery. All rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission apply.
There are two boat launches at Memorial Lake. Gas powered boats are prohibited. Non powered and electric powered boats must display a current registration from any state or a launch permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
Not only does Memorial Lake have multiple boat launches for those with personal boats, there is also a boat rental for those that want to experience boating first hand. Rental boats include Paddle Boats, Fishing Boats, Canoes, Single Kayaks and Tandem Kayaks. Boat rental hours vary by season, detailed information regarding the boat rental can be found at Green Way Outdoors.
Nearby state parks
- Boyd Big Tree Preserve Conservation Area (Dauphin County)
- Gifford Pinchot State Park (York County)
- Joseph E. Ibberson Conservation Area (Dauphin County)
- Samuel S. Lewis State Park (York County)
- Swatara State Park (Lebanon and Schuylkill Counties)
- "Memorial Lake State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. August 30, 1990. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Memorial Lake State Park". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- "Find a Park by Region (interactive map)". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- Michels, Chris (1997). "Latitude/Longitude Distance Calculation". Northern Arizona University. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "2007 General Highway Map Lebanon County Pennsylvania" (PDF) (Map). 1:65,000. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning and Research, Geographic Information Division. Retrieved 2007-07-27. Note: shows Memorial Lake State Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Memorial Lake State Park.|
- "Memorial Lake State Park official map" (PDF). (346.3 KB)