Memories of Murder (1990 film)
|Memories of Murder|
|Directed by||Robert Lewis|
|Theme music composer||Joseph Conlan|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Producer(s)||Robert Michael Lewis|
|Editor(s)||Brian Q. Kelley|
|Running time||104 minutes|
|Original network||Lifetime Television Network|
|Original release||July 31, 1990|
Memories of Murder is the first of many original films that would be produced for the Lifetime Television Network, and, due to its popularity, would subsequently be released on VHS and DVD on July 31, 1990. Actress Vanity co-stars. The film was shot in British Columbia.
Jennifer (Nancy Allen) is a woman who is suffering from amnesia to the extent that she does not even recognize her husband and daughter. Extremely confused and tormented, she desperately seeks to piece together her life and, in doing so, stumbles upon some startling secrets from her shadowy past. She discovers that a female killer connected to her from her earlier life is intent on stalking her and seeking revenge by killing her and her family.
- Nancy Allen as Jennifer Gordon/Corey
- Nick Benedict as Mr. Bates
- Olivia Brown as Brenda
- Linda Darlow
- Don S. Davis
- Jerome Eden as Store Manager
- Robyn Simons as Amy
- Robin Thomas as Michael
- Vanity as Carmen
Chris Willman of the Los Angeles Times called the film "amazingly pedestrian" in terms of its mystery. Daniel Ruth of the Chicago Sun-Times wrote that he "couldn't keep track" of what was happening in the plot. Ken Tucker of the Entertainment Weekly gave it a "D" grade, saying, "Memories of Murder is full of romance-novel dialogue".
- "Memories of Murder". TCM database. Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Thomas Riggs (2005), Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television
- "Toronto", Hollywood Reporter, 311, 1990
- "Memories of a Murder (1990)". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "NANCY ALLEN STARS IN A LIFETIME FIRST" – Orlando Sentinel
- "A Lifetime of `Memories'" - Chicago Tribune
- "Vanity (singer)", Jet, 78 (20): 62, 27 Aug 1990
- "TV Review: Memories of Murder" - Entertainment Weekly
- "TV REVIEW Temporary Amnesia No Excuse for Forgettable `Memories of Murder'" – Los Angeles Times
- "Lifetime's movie, Norville's `Sex'lack excitement" - Chicago Sun-Times