Men's FIH Hockey World League
|Most recent season or competition:|
2016-17 Men's FIH Hockey World League
|Replaced by||Men's FIH Pro League & Hockey Series|
|No. of teams||65 in 2016-17|
|Australia (2nd title)|
|Most titles||Australia (2 titles)|
|Official website||World League Info|
The Men's FIH Hockey World League was an international field hockey competition organised by the International Hockey Federation. The league also served as a qualifier for the 2014 and 2018 Men's Hockey World Cups and the 2016 Olympic Games.  Three seasons were held in 2012–13, 2014–15 and 2016-17. It was replaced by the new Men's FIH Pro League and Hockey Series in 2018-19.
The tournament featured four rounds. For each edition the FIH decides the number of events and teams for each round. The number of Round 1 events varied in each cycle depending on the number of participating national teams. Teams were grouped regionally, although European teams were split in several tournaments. The remaining rounds have teams selected with no regional restrictions. The top teams received a bye to a Round 2 or Semifinal event depending on the FIH World Rankings at the time of seeking entries, number which also varied depending on the edition.
|Year||Teams||Round 1||Round 2||Semifinals||Final|
|2012–13||54||9 events of 3 to 5 teams||4 events of 6 teams||2 events of 8 teams||1 event of 8 teams|
|2014–15||56||9 events of 4 to 8 teams||3 events of 8 teams||2 events of 10 teams|
|2016–17||65||8 events of 4 to 9 teams|
|Year||Final host||Final||3rd Place Match||Teams|
PR / FR
|Champions||Score||Runners-up||3rd place||Score||4th place|
|2012–13||New Delhi, India||
|54 / 8|
|56 / 8|
|65 / 8|
Performance by nation
|Team||Titles||Runners-up||Third Place||Fourth Place|
|Australia||2 (2014–15, 2016–17)||1 (2012–13)|
|Netherlands||1 (2012–13)||1 (2014–15)|
|New Zealand||1 (2012–13)|
|India||2 (2014–15*, 2016–17*)|
- * = host nation
|Team||2012–13||2014–15||2016–17||Apps at Finals|
|Trinidad and Tobago||26th||34th||26th||–|
- * = host nation
- ~ = includes results representing Great Britain
- "FIH World League will replace Olympic, WC qualifiers". The Times of India. 22 February 2012. Archived from the original on 27 September 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "A Newcomers Guide: World League 101". International Hockey Federation. 21 August 2012. Archived from the original on 30 August 2012. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "FIH Hockey World League" (PDF). FIH. Archived (PDF) from the original on 12 June 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Hockey World League 2014 / 2015" (PDF). FIH. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 May 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Hockey World League 2014 / 2015" (PDF). FIH. Archived (PDF) from the original on 10 June 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hockey World League.|