Men I Trust
Men I Trust
(L–R) Jessy Caron, Emma Proulx, and Dragos Chiriac performing in 2019
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Men I Trust is a Canadian indie pop band from Montreal, Quebec. Formed in 2014, the band consists of bassist Jessy Caron, multi-instrumentalist and producer Dragos Chiriac, and lead vocalist and guitarist Emma Proulx. The group has self-released all of their music.
Men I Trust was founded in 2014 by high school friends Jessy Caron and Dragos Chiriac, who reunited in the music department at Université Laval. They were later joined by Emma Proulx, a singer and guitarist. They released a self-titled EP in 2014 and later performed at the Montreal Jazz Festival, Quebec City Summer Festival, and M for Montreal. They released the album Headroom in 2015. The band toured in China, playing shows in Shenzhen, Beijing, and Shanghai. In 2017 Men I Trust released the single "I Hope To Be Around" with an accompanying music video. In 2018, they released the single "Show Me How" along with a self-directed music video. In 2018, they embarked on a North American tour. They performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 14 and 21, 2019. They also performed at Lollapalooza on August 3rd, 2019.
They released the album Oncle Jazz on September 13 in 2019. In a conversation with writer Nick Fulton for the music publication Billboard, the band noted that the green, solitary confines of rural Québéc were influential in shaping how the album sounded. "It put us in a really different creative mood and we were able to focus more, because there’s nothing to do outside of the house except for walking and thinking about music,” said singer and guitarist Emma Proulx.
- Jessy Caron - bassist, guitarist
- Dragos Chiriac - keyboardist, producer
- Emma Proulx - singer, guitarist Emma also has a solo project called Bernache.
- Men I Trust (2014)
- Headroom (2015)
- 4 ever live (2018)
- Oncle Jazz (2019)
- Humming Man (2016)
- Lauren (2016)
- Plain View (2016)
- You Deserve This (2017)
- Tailwhip (2017)
- I Hope To Be Around (2017)
- Show Me How (2018)
- Seven (2018)
- Say, Can You Hear (2018)
- Numb (2019)
- Norton Commander (All We Need) (2019)
- Côté, Émilie (2018-02-14). "Men I Trust: merci au DIY et à Spotify". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Albors, Maxime (2017-11-21). "Pour Men I Trust, le succès instantané est un mythe". VICE (in French). Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Idir, Marine (2018-01-31). "Men I Trust appelle au voyage". Le Délit français (in French). Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Mankus, Modestas (2017-11-14). "Men I Trust present their latest single 'I hope to be around' with a music video". Our Culture Mag. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Gore, Sydney (2018-02-28). "Men I Trust Is The Montréal Band You Need To Know Right Now". MTV News. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Mankus, Modestas (2018-03-01). "Men I Trust present 'Show Me How'". Our Culture Mag. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Maicki, Salvatore (2018-03-01). "Watch a new video from Men I Trust". The FADER. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Men I Trust". Lollapalooza. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- "Oncle Jazz, by Men I Trust". Men I Trust. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- Fulton, Nick (2019-09-10). "Inspirations: Men I Trust's 'Oncle Jazz' Is a Cozy Tour de Force". Billboard.
- Thompson, Stephen (2018-03-01). "The Austin 100: Men I Trust". NPR. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Seven - Men I Trust (LIVE), retrieved 2019-12-22