Men of Standard
|Men of Standard|
|Labels||Muscle Shoals (1996-2005)
|Past members||Michael Bacon|
The group spent the bulk of their tenure as signees to the Malaco Records subsidiary Muscle Shoals. Their album released on Columbia Records/Sony Gospel features production from Warryn Campbell as well as a guest appearance from rapper Heavy D and Kirk Franklin. They were also a featured act on the second leg on Kirk Franklin’s Hero tour.
The current group is Bryan Pierce, Isaac Carree and Lowell Pye.
Lowell Curtis Pye, Sr. (born March 28, 1970 Detroit, Michigan) sang as a tenor in John P. Kee’s V.I.P choir. In 1991, Pye was featured as the lead in Kee’s "Jesus Is Real." Pye, who grew up in Detroit, Michigan sang in an adult gospel men’s quartet at the age of four. He is now a Praise & Worship leader at his church.
Bryan Joseph Pierce was born in New Orleans, LA on New Orleans, Louisiana. In 1996, Pierce relocated to Greensboro, NC where he served in full-time ministry as Evangelism Pastor at the Mount Zion Baptist Church.November 3, 1972 . He began preaching at the age of six. He was later licensed at the age of nine and ordained at the age of 19. Pierce is the former Youth Pastor at Greater St. Stephens in
In April 1999, Pierce accepted the call to Pastorship at Bethel Baptist Church in Kannapolis, North Carolina. He was installed in June 1999. Pierce is married to Minister Debra A. Pierce. They are the parents of three sons and one daughter, Bryan Jr., Brandon Joshua, Devin Ahmad and Bryana Janae.
In December 2012 Pastor Bryan Pierce accepted senior pastor position of the Mount Zion Baptist Church in Greensboro NC.
Isaac Carree (born April 28, 1973), grew up in North Carolina where his mother is Pastor Nancy Wilson of New Beginnings Community Outreach Church in Greensboro, North Carolina. Carree began singing solos by the age of 5. He later sang as a tenor in John P. Kee’s V.I.P choir. Upon leaving Kee’s choir, he kept a "day job" and later did road/touring stage plays where he met Pierce. He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia and is now a Praise & Worship leader at his church. He has contributed his vocals to singer Michelle Williams’ solo debut album, Heart To Yours. Isaac has sung on Kirk Franklin's albums and in his performances. He released his solo album, "Uncommon Me" in August 2011. He lives with his wife Dietra, son Isaac IV, and daughter Alaina. He also sang background for Faith Evans on the Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour.
Former Men of Standard member Michael Bacon is from Dallas, TX. He left the group amicably in 2005.
- Men of Standard (Muscle Shoals, 1996)
- Feels Like Rain (Muscle Shoals, 1999)
- Vol. III (Muscle Shoals, 2002)
- It's A New Day (Muscle Shoals, 2004)
- Surrounded (Columbia, 2006)
- Greatest Hits (Muscle Shoals, 2009)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)
- Uncommon Me (Sovereign Agency, 2011)
- "Reset" (Door 6 Ent., 2013)
- " Clean This House" (USA, 2013)
- "Winter" (Malaco, 1996)
- "In Your Will" (Malaco, 1999)
- "Count It All Joy" (Malaco, 2002)
- "Gotta Grip" (Malaco, 2002)
- "I Made It" (Malaco, 2004)
- "I Will" (Columbia, 2006)
- "Surrounded" (Columbia, 2006)
|2000||Stellar Awards||Group Duo of the Year for Feels Like Rain |
|2000||Stellar Awards||Contemporary Group/Duo of the Year for Feels Like Rain|
- "Kirk Franklin Wins Big At Stellar Gospel Awards Ceremony". Jet. January 31, 2000.
- Lowell Pye [@LowellPye] (28 March 2015). "Im having a great day celebrating my 45th Birthday!!!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "15th Annual Stellar Award Winners". GospelFlava.com.