This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Menarini Group is an Italian pharmaceutical company. It was founded in Naples, Italy, in 1886. Its headquarters is in Florence and has three divisions: Menarini Ricerche, Menarini Biotech and Menarini Diagnostics. It is committed to the search for pharmacological solutions for such therapeutic areas as cardiovascular diseases, oncology, pain/inflammation, asthma and anti-infectives. Menarini's research activities are carried out through Menarini Ricerche, which deals with all R&D activities, from the creation of new projects up to the drug registration. Its Menarini Biotech follows the creation of a biotechnological drug from the very early stages of research, through to the pilot scale and up to industrial production. The Group's Menarini Diagnostics division is a health care company with a worldwide network of affiliates partners and distributors focused on diabetes, haematology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, and immunology. In 2011, the company had 13,081 employees worldwide.
- "Handling with missing data in clinical trials for time-to-event variables" (PDF). PharmaSUG. SP02: 1–9. 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Ranolazine Reduces The Late Recurrences Of Atrial Fibrillation. An Exploratory Analysis Of The Raffaello Study". Treatment of arrhythmias: pharmacological-atrial fibrillation. 130. November 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "MEN1112, a Novel Humanized De-Fucosylated Monoclonal Antibody with High Affinity and Specificity for Bst1/CD157 Antigen and Enhanced CD16 Binding". 56th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition, S. Francisco (CA). 124: 3607. December 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Targeting and Depletion of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Blasts By MEN1112, a Novel Humanized Defucosylated Monoclonal Antibodies with Specificity for Bst1/CD157 Antigen". 56th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition, S. Francisco (CA). 124: 2235. December 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Prophylaxis with Febuxostat in comparison to Allopurinol reduces exposure to uric acid in patients at intermediate to high risk of tumor lysis syndrome: results of the Florence study". 19th Congress of the European Hematology Association, Milano. June 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Decision Driven Factors for Allopurinol Dosage in Tumor Lysis Syndrome Prophylaxis: The European Experience of the Florence Pivotal Study". Blood. 124: 5979. December 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "A randomized double-blind phase III pivotal study of febuxostat (FEB) versus allopurinol (ALL) in the prevention of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS): Florence study". Clin Oncol. 32. June 2014. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Sa1080 Concordance Among Outcome Variables Assessing the Response to Treatment With Ibodutant in Irritable Bowel Syndrome With Diarrhea (IBS-D; the IRIS-2 Study)". Gastroenterology. 146: 194. May 2014. doi:10.1016/s0016-5085(14)60684-3. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Oliveras, A; Armario, P; Lucas, S; de la Sierra, A (March 2014). "Blood pressure control is similar in treated hypertensive patients with optimal or with high-normal albuminuria". American Journal of Hypertension. 27: 1185–1190. doi:10.1093/ajh/hpu039. PMID 24646879. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Ceriotti, F; Kaczmarek, E; Guerra, E; Mastrantonio, F; Lucarelli, F; Valgimigli, F; Mosca, A (December 2014). "Comparative Performance Assessment of Point-of-Care Testing Devices for Measuring Glucose and Ketones at the Patient Bedside". Journal of diabetes science and technology. 9: 268–77. doi:10.1177/1932296814563351. PMC . PMID 25519295. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Allais, G; Tullo, V; Cortelli, P; Barbanti, P; Valguarnera, F; Sette, G; D'Onofrio, F; Curone, M; Zava, D; Pezzola, D; Reggiardo, G; Omboni, S; Frediani, F; Bussone, G; Benedetto, C (May 2014). "EHMTI-0052. Efficacy of early vs. late use of frovatriptan combined with dexketoprofen vs. frovatriptan alone in the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura". The Journal of Headache and Pain. 35 (1): 107–113. doi:10.1007/s10072-014-1751-3. PMC . PMID 24867846. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Bucci, M; Vellecco, V; Cantalupo, A; Brancaleone, V; Zhou, Z; Evangelista, S; Calderone, V; Papapetropoulos, A; Cirino, G (February 2014). "Hydrogen sulfide accounts for the peripheral vascular effects of zofenopril independently of ACE inhibition". Cardiovascular Research. 102: 138–147. doi:10.1093/cvr/cvu026. PMID 24501330. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Momi, S; Caracchini, R; Falcinelli, E; Evangelista, S; Gresele, P (February 2014). "Stimulation of platelet nitric oxide production by nebivolol prevents thrombosis". Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 34: 820–829. doi:10.1161/atvbaha.114.303290. PMID 24558107. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Mainardi, F; Maggioni, F; Pezzola, D; Zava, D; Zanchin, G (January 2014). "Dexketoprofen trometamol in the acute treatment of migraine attack: a phase II, randomized, double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled, dose optimization study". The Journal of Pain. 333: 388–394. doi:10.1016/j.jpain.2013.12.006. PMID 24412801. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Agabiti-Rosei, E; Manolis, A; Zava, D; Omboni, S (January 2014). "Zofenopril plus hydrochlorothiazide and irbesartan plus hydrochlorothiazide in previously treated and uncontrolled diabetic and non-diabetic essential hypertensive patients". Advances in Therapy. 31: 217–233. doi:10.1007/s12325-013-0090-8. PMC . PMID 24415271. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Tullo, V; Valguarnera, F; Barbanti, P; Cortelli, P; Sette, G; Allais, G; d'Onofrio, F; Curone, M; Zava, D; Pezzola, D; Benedetto, C; Frediani, F; Bussone, G (December 2013). "Comparison of frovatriptan plus dexketoprofen (25 mg or 37.5 mg) with frovatriptan alone in the treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura: a randomized study". Cephalalgia. 34: 434–445. doi:10.1177/0333102413515342. PMID 24363238. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Saracco, MG; Allais, G; Tullo, V; Zava, D; Pezzola, D; Reggiardo, G; Omboni, S; Benedetto, C; Bussone, G; Aguggia, M (May 2014). "Efficacy of frovatriptan and other triptans in the treatment of acute migraine of normal weight and obese subjects: a review of randomized studies". Neurological Sciences. 35 (1): 115–119. doi:10.1007/s10072-014-1752-2. PMID 24867847. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Traini, C; Faussone-Pellegrini, MS; Evangelista, S; Mazzaferro, K; Cipriani, G; Santicioli, P; Vannucchi, MG (January 2015). "Inner and outer portions of colonic circular muscle: ultrastructural and immunohistochemical changes in rat chronically treated with otilonium bromide". PLoS One. 9: e103237. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0103237. PMC . PMID 25122192. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Terzuoli, E; Meini, S; Cucchi, P; Catalani, C; Cialdai, C; Maggi, CA; Giachetti, A; Ziche, M; Donnini, S (January 2014). "Antagonism of bradykinin B2 receptor prevents inflammatory responses in human endothelial cells by quenching the NF-kB pathway activation". PLoS ONE. 9: e84358. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0084358. PMC . PMID 24392129. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
Pediatricians network against child abuse
"Paediatric network against ill-treatment of minors" has been launched and supported by the pharmaceutical company, Menarini, together with it:Telefono Azzurro, the Italian Federation of Paediatricians, and the Association of Italian Paediatric Hospitals, has grown beyond Italian borders.
The project originated in Italy and is the first of its kind in the world. It was launched in May 2016 in the city of Florence and is supported by Menarini with an investment of one million Euro. It foresees the creation of a network of 15.000 paediatricians and general practitioners deployed over the entire Italian territory who act as 'sentinels' in the fight against child abuse. These physicians, who have been 'trained' on the skills needed to recognise the unexpressed 'sentinel' warning signs of child abuse, shall in turn become reference people for their colleagues on a local level, providing qualified information and advice. This project for the creation of an anti-abuse network.
Social housing renovation project
The Menarini pharmaceutical group is committed to the recovery of several social housing owned by the municipality of Florence. So far the apartments recovered are 20 and have been assigned to families of small and medium size. The surfaces of the delivered housing ranging from 50 to 70 square meters each. The first agreement between the Menarini Group and the City of Florence was presented on 16 July 2013 by the mayor of Florence, Matteo Renzi and Lucia Aleotti, President of the Menarini pharmaceutical group.
On 27 March 2014, were delivered the keys of the last 7 houses of the first edition of the project.
On 12 December 2014 it was announced the second edition of the project of social housing redevelopment in Palazzo Vecchio by Mayor Dario Nardella, the President and the Vice-Chairman of the pharmaceutical group Menarini Lucia and Alberto Giovanni Aleotti.
On 21 April 2015, 10 apartments renovated from Menarini were delivered to 10 needy families in the city.
On 30 November 2015 it was announced the third edition of the project.
- "Massimiliana Landini Aleotti". Forbes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- 15.000 doctors against child abuse
- Paediatric network against ill-treatment of minors launched in Tirana
- Dieci alloggi Erp ristrutturati e assegnati grazie a Menarini
- Consegnati i primi tre alloggi di edilizia popolare ristrutturati grazie a Menarini Archived 2016-12-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Case popolari: consegnati alloggi a sette famiglie
- Erp, Menarini ristruttura altri 10 alloggi. Potranno essere assegnati già nella primavera del 2015
- Consegnati nel Quartiere 5 dieci alloggi Erp ad altrettante famiglie bisognose
- Edilizia residenziale pubblica, Menarini ristruttura altri 10 alloggi popolari nei quartieri 4 e 5
- Consegnati altri 10 alloggi ristrutturati da Menarini