Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||San Fernando Valley, California 2007|
|Headquarters||Encino, California, United States|
Number of locations
|United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, India|
|Amit Kleinberger, CEO
Danna Caldwell, co-Founder
Adam Caldwell, co-Founder
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt is a frozen yogurt chain company founded in 2010 by Danna and Adam Caldwell and is based in the San Fernando Valley, California area. Menchie's offers self-serve frozen yogurt with different choices of yogurt flavors and toppings. Menchie's has over 236 locations and can be found in the US, Canada, Japan, India and Australia.
The first store was opened in Los Angeles on May 15, 2007. The idea for a store originated from the couple's mutual love for yogurt. The name Menchie came from Adam Caldwell's nickname for Danna, and it is also the name of their company's mascot
Menchie's offers yogurt and various toppings to be self-served. Menchie's offers regular, nonfat, low-carb, no added sugar, gluten-free, vegan and dairy free yogurts that are available in 10 to 16 flavors in a store at a time. The flavors in a store at a time are rotated from over 100 flavors. The topping selection is from a source of roughly 70 toppings that include types of fresh fruit, candy, and chocolate. Both toppings and flavors vary during each season.
All of Menchie's pricing is measured in the weight of the yogurt and toppings.
All of Menchie's frozen yogurts include live and active cultures, meaning that they meet yogurt quality standards, and have received the Live and Active Culture (LAC) seal by the National Yogurt Association (NYA). Their yogurt flavors are also gluten-free with the exception of flavors with cake or cookie.
Menchie's has franchise stores in various countries. The cost of a Menchie's franchise ranges from $330,000 to $400,000 per store with an initial franchise fee of $40,000.
In 2009, Menchie's had 32 franchise stores. By 2010, The Menchie's franchise nearly doubled to over 60 stores in 16 US States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. Menchie's also opened more than a dozen locations Canada and has also opened stores in Japan and Australia. Menchie's have expansion goals to have locations in more countries and in every US state by the end of 2012. They have signed contracts to expand to 150+ more locations in 11 new US states and 23 new countries: Alabama, Alaska, Illinois, Kentucky, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Japan, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, Jordan, Egypt, Qatar, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, the United Kingdom, Bahrain, China, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Guam, India, Israel, Kuwait, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, South Africa, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Menchie's has won several awards for their success in the frozen yogurt market. In July 2010, Restaurant Business magazine ranked Menchie's #1 on their Future 50' list rating Menchie's as the fastest-growing restaurant franchise with a 748 percent growth. Menchie's has also ranked #16 on Forbes' "America's Most Promising Companies" list in 2014.
- "History". Menchie's Frozen Yogurt. n.d. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- Karlamangla, Soumya. "How I Made It: Amit Kleinberger." Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times, February 23, 2014. Web. February 9, 2015. <http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/23/business/la-fi-himi-kleinberger-20140223>.
- "Product". Menchie's Frozen Yogurt. n.d. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- Raskin-Zrihen, Rachel (July 29, 2015). "July 30 Vallejo A&E Source WeeklyBiz Buzz: Vallejo gets new Fro-Yo shop". Vallejo Times-Herald. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Menchie's Celebrates the Holiday Season by Launching Exclusive Gingerbread Flavor". franchising. December 7, 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Live & Active Culture Yogurt". Aboutyogurt. National Yogurt Association. n.d. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- Menchie's 'tops off' 2010 with record franchise growth. (December 15, 2010). PR Newswire, Retrieved from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/menchies-tops-off-2010-with-record-franchise-growth-111947054.html
- Menchie's frozen yogurt. (n.d.). The Franchise Mall, Retrieved from http://www.thefranchisemall.com/franchises/details/13692-0-Menchies_Frozen_Yogurt.htm
- "Menchie's Frozen Yogurt: Revenue As of January 2014". Forbes. 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2015.