|Industry||Platform as a service
Agile Software Development
London, United Kingdom
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Derek Roos, CEO
Marcel Karssen, CFO
Johan den Haan, CTO
Number of employees
|Approximately 150 (2013)|
Mendix is a Dutch enterprise application platform company which has developed a platform as a service product called the Mendix App Platform. The cloud-based platform allows users to build, integrate and deploy web and mobile applications. These applications can be built either from the ground up or as a layer on top of existing legacy systems. Starting with version 4 of their app platform (which was released in the Spring of 2012), Mendix expanded the mobile capabilities of their product into the realm of a mobile enterprise application platform. The platform also includes project management through the use of fully integrated social collaboration.
In October 2011, Mendix raised $13 million with its first round of venture capital funding.
In January 2014, Mendix has closed a $25 million Series B, led by Battery Ventures.
- Erin Kutz, “Five Facts about Mendix, Another Cloud Enterprise App Startup,” Xconomy, March 2012
- Josette Rigsby, “Mendix Brings Social Collaboration to Project Management,” CMSWire, May 2011
- Leena Rao, “Mendix Helps Enterprises Streamline Application Deployment,” TechCrunch, April 2009
- Christopher Calnan, “Dutch software firm Mendix set to move to Cambridge,” Mass High Tech, December 2007
- Sean Ludwig, “Mendix grabs $13M to fuel fast enterprise app development,” VentureBeat, October 2011
- Natasha Lomas, "Mendix, An App-Builder Platform For The Enterprise, Closes $25M Series B Led By Battery Ventures," TechCrunch, January 2014