Mendon Township, Adams County, Illinois
Amusement rides at the Adams County Fairgrounds
Location in Adams County
Adams County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.76 sq mi (95.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.65 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.30%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||41.5/sq mi (16.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62301, 62338, 62349, 62351, 62376|
|GNIS feature ID||0429353|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.76 square miles (95.2 km2), of which 36.65 square miles (94.9 km2) (or 99.70%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.30%) is water.
The township contains three cemeteries: Franklin, Moyer and Saint Joseph.
Airports and landing strips
- Cramm Landing Area
- Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Mendon Township, Adams County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 205.
||Lima Township||Keene Township|
|Ursa Township||Honey Creek Township|
|Ellington Township||Gilmer Township|