Menekşe ile Halil
|Menekşe ile Halil|
|Created by||Kerem Catay|
|Written by||Ece Yörenç |
|Directed by||Uluç Bayraktar|
|Starring||Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ |
|Country of origin||Turkey|
|Production location(s)||Istanbul |
|Original network||Kanal D |
Euro D (repetitions published)
Star TV (repeats)
|Original release||September 7, 2007 – May 24, 2008|
Menekşe ile Halil (also Manahil aur Khalil) is a Turkish melodrama produced by Ay Yapım and originally broadcast by Kanal D in 2007-2008. A total of 36 episodes were produced, headlined by actor Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ.
The series was Tatlıtuğ's return to the screen following the international phenomenon of Gümüş (Noor) and was intended to build on its success. Over 85 million people watched the final episode of Gümüş, vaulting Tatlıtuğ to a household name in the Arab world. Menekşe ile Halil became part of the wave of international popularity of Turkish dramas.
Menekşe (Violet) is a 20-year-old Muslim girl born in Urfa and living with her family in Germany. Menekşe has fallen in love with a Bosnian, Halil, who is a co-worker at the pastry shop at which she works. However, her conservative father arranges Menekşe's marriage to Mustafa, a Turkish man, for a bride price of 30,000 euros. Threatened by her father with murder, Menekşe is forced to follow through with the marriage. Halil attends the wedding and is astonished to discover his lover is the bride. That night, Mustafa reveals his brutal nature and physically assaults Menekşe, who narrowly escapes. Her grandmother tells Menekşe to run away to Istanbul with Halil. Menekşe and Halil return to Turkey separately but eventually find each other.
Menekşe's father orders Mustafa and Menekşe's brother, Kadir, to go Istanbul and hunt Menekşe and Halil down and perform an honor killing of the couple. Despite several close calls, Menekşe and Halil are able to escape and attempt to build a life for themselves in Istanbul. Menekşe's entire family eventually relocates to Turkey. Halil is revealed to have been the son of a wealthy man but now the target of many betrayals as well as officially engaged to another woman. Mustafa becomes a serial killer in his journey to exact revenge on Menekşe. Kadir undergoes a transformation in his view of his sister and ultimately refuses to kill her. Menekşe's father keeps the feud alive but finds himself outcast from the rest of the family as the series comes to a close.
Ultimately, Menekşe and Halil are able to resolve the issues with both families. Menekşe's father grudgingly reconciles and the couple marries. Their happiness is short-lived, however, when a now-psychopathic Mustafa returns for revenge and murders Halil in the final episode, only to be shot to death himself by the police.
|Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ||Halil Tuğlu *|
|Sedef Avcı||Menekşe Doğantürk|
|Murat Daltaban||Mithat Fire *|
|Hasan Küçükçetin||Mustafa Young *|
|Caner Candarlı||Kadir Doğantürk|
|Fırat Tanış||Yusuf Doğantürk|
|Yıldız Kültür||Zarif Doğantürk|
|Mehmet Çevik||Hasan Doğantürk|
|Nergis Çorakçı||Süheyla Doğantürk|
|Ekin Türkmen||Zeynep Sönmez|
|Tamay Kılıç||Lale Doğantürk|
|Gökçer Genç||Inspector Ömer|
|Nihat Alptuğ Altınkaya||Semih|
|Begüm Benian||Sema Ateş|
- Pakistan on Express Entertainment as Manahil Aur Khalil
- Northern Cyprus on Star TV as Menekşe ile Halil
- Macedonia on Kanal 5 as Љубов и одмазда (Love and revenge)
- Croatia on Nova TV and Doma TV as Bijeg
- Serbia on RTV Pink as Ljubav i osveta
- Montenegro on Pink M as Ljubav i osveta
- Bosnia and Herzegovina on Pink BH as Ljubav i osveta
- United Arab Emirates on MBC4 as ميرنا و خليل
- Albania on RTV KLAN as Menkekshe dhe Halil
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Menekşe ile Halil|
- National (February 24, 2009). "Turkish TV series enjoy increasing popularity on Arab stations". Today's Zaman. Archived from the original on 31 May 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Anatolia News Agency (September 15, 2011). "Israel airs Turk TV series for first time". Hurriyet Daily News. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Butler, Daren (March 11, 2009). "Turkey's "Brad Pitt" stirs wide Arab interest". Reuters. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Amani (26 September 2008). "EXCLUSIVE: PICTURES TAKEN FROM "MENEKSE ILE HALIL" TURKISH SERIES". Khabar el Yom. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Williams, Nathan (June 27, 2013). "The rise of Turkish soap power". BBC. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Meneske & Halil. "Menekşe ile Halil". Turkish Drama. Retrieved 31 May 2014.