Menlo Park station
The historic station building.
|Location||1120 Merrill Street
Menlo Park, CA 94025
|Owned by||Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Bicycle facilities||Lockers available|
|Passengers (2014)||1,668 per weekday 9.3%|
Menlo Park Railroad Station
|Location||1100 Merrill Street,
Menlo Park, California
|Architectural style||Late 19th And Early 20th Century American Movements, Other, Stick-Style|
|NRHP Reference #||74000556|
|Added to NRHP||October 1, 1974|
Menlo Park is a Caltrain station located in Menlo Park, California. The station was originally built in 1867 by the San Francisco and San Jose Railroad and acquired by the Southern Pacific Railroad. During the 1890s, Southern Pacific added Victorian ornamentation to the depot to make it appear more attractive to students and visitors to Stanford University. The station was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, and became a California Historical Landmark in 1983. It is also within walking distance of the oldest Round Table Pizza.
Platforms and tracks
|Northbound||■ Local service||toward San Francisco (Atherton or Redwood City)|
|■ Limited-stop service||toward San Francisco (Redwood City)|
|■ Baby Bullet, Reverse Peak, Pattern B||toward San Francisco (Redwood City)|
|Southbound||■ Local service||toward Gilroy (Palo Alto)|
|■ Limited-stop service||toward Tamien, Gilroy during peak hours (Palo Alto)|
|■ Baby Bullet, Reverse Peak, Pattern B||toward San Jose Diridon (Palo Alto)|
- Caltrain ticket machines
- 8-Ride ticket validators
- Caltrain. "February 2014 Caltrain Annual Passenger Counts" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Menlo Park Station". Office of Historic Preservation, California State Parks. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- Media related to Menlo Park Railroad Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Caltrain Menlo Park station page
- California State Historic Landmark #955 (San Mateo, County)
|This San Mateo County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in San Mateo County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|