Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mental disability may refer to:
- Developmental disability, a chronic condition that is due to mental impairments, often detected early in a child's development. There are however, many developmental disabilities that have no effect on the intellect.
- Disabilities affecting intellectual abilities, a broad concept encompassing various intellectual or cognitive deficits
- Intellectual disability, aka intellectual developmental disability (IDD), general learning disability, or mental retardation (MR), a generalized neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significantly impaired intellectual and adaptive functioning
- Learning disability, a classification that includes several areas of functioning in which a person has difficulty learning in a typical manner
- Mental disorder (also called mental illness or psychiatric disorder), a diagnosis of a behavioral or mental pattern that can cause suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life
- Neurodevelopmental disorder, impairments of the growth and development of the brain or central nervous system
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mental disability.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.