Meow! by Katy Perry
|Meow! by Katy Perry|
|Fragrance by Katy Perry|
|Released||December 13, 2011|
|Tagline||Be the cat's meow|
Meow! by Katy Perry is a fragrance created by American singer Katy Perry and Gigantic Parfums. The fragrance, released in December 2011 at Nordstrom, is a similar concept to her first fragrance "Purr".
Conception and background
After the success of her previous fragrance Purr, Katy decided along with Gigantic Parfums to design her second fragrance. She said "It's a sister fragrance. Purr to me was a little bit more floral, and Meow is a little bit more sweet. It was probably because of the California Dreams Tour that it was more of the confectionery world, because everything I've seen for the last year has been like cotton-candy scented or huge peppermints or massive gummy bears." Perry also described the perfume as "edible".
Packaging and scent
The scent of the perfume is known to be more "sweet" than its previous bottle. The bottle is a cat-shaped bottle which is basically the same as its previous bottle, other than that it is light pink and the collar is the letter "M". Meow's scent has ingredients including pear, honeysuckle, and vanilla. The fragrance also features small scents of musk and amber as well.
- "Katy Perry Meow ~ New Fragrances". Fragrantica.com. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Katy Perry Readies Launch Of Second Fragrance, Meow - Fragrance - Beauty". WWD.com. 2011-11-04. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "54th Nominations Concert Live Chat - Katy Perry". YouTube. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Perfume bottle image". Punmiris.com. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Katy Perry's Newest Fragrance 'Meow' Comes In A Cat Bottle!". Hollywood Life. 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Katy Perry's "Meow! by Katy Perry" Fragrance Available Now @ARTISTdirect". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved 2013-08-14.