Census Town(Included 2 villages-Meppayur and Kozhukkallur)
|Nickname(s): venkapparapoyil, poyil|
|• Type||LSG(local self government)|
Grama Panchayath Board President - P K ReenaVice President - K T Rajan
|• Total||23.41 km2 (9.04 sq mi)|
|Population (Female 13833
Male 12914)In meppayur village 12978 (6694 female + 6284 male) In Kozhukallur village 13769(7139 female + 6630male)
|• Total||26,747 (2,011)|
|• Density||1,142.5 = 1,143/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Villages and desoms
There are two villages 1.Meppayur, 2.Kozhukkallur.Meppayur Panchayath formed in 1963.
Including desams: 1. Meppayur, 2 .Keezhpayur, 3. Changaravelly, 4. Kayalad, 5.Narakkode, 6 . Nidumpoyil, 7. Chavatta, 8 .Kozhukkallur, 9. Elampilad, 10. Vilayattur
As of 2011 India sensus Meppayur panchayath had population of 12914 Male of the population and 13833 females, Total 26747 and 5531 House holds
Meppayur is one of the noted cultural and political area in Malabar.Earlier, Meppayur was an Assembly Constituency in Kerala, K.K. Lathika was the last representative of Meppayur LAC.Now meppayur the part of Perambra assembly constituency.
Meppayur area situated between kottappuzha (Kuttiadippuzha) and nelliadipuzha. Meppayur town about 10 km away from NH 17 and 12 km away from Koyilandy Railway station.
Meppayur the 'capital' and the clear centre of "OORU" named places . i.e.,Thurayur(Thurayooru),Kozhukkallur(Kozhokkallooru), Keezhariyur,Naduvathur, Kalpathur,Cheruvannur,Keezhpayyur,Meppayyur, Ramallur,Etc. the nearest places.Naduvannur, Karuvannur,Velliyur,Maniyur, Cherandathur,keezhur etc. the surroundings.
Many Temples(Saiva,Vaishnava,devi,and others), mosques and Guruthi(Gurusi) kendras here.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)|
Colleges & Post metric institutions
- Salafi Educational institutions and headquarters www.salafiedu.org
- Salafi TTI
- Salafi Private ITI (ITC)
- Salafi Arabic College
- Udaya College (Parallel)
- Viswabharathi College (Parallel)
Schools in Meppayur Town
- Govt.Vocationl Higher Secondary School.
- Darul Huda Highschool-Manhakulam (Unaided)
- Meppayur ALPSchool
- Vilayatoor Elampiladu Mappila U.P School.
- P K Narayanan Nambiar
- M K Chappan Nair
- Parachalil Kunhikannan (Acting)
- K K Raghavan
- V K Kelappan Master
- P P Radhakrishnan
- K Kunhiraman
- A A Suprabha
Place of interest
- Temple : Sree Edathil Paradevatha Temple (Archeological possibilities)
- Nearest Temple : Mangattummel sree Paradevada Temple- Town
- Nearest Temple : Koonam Velli kavue Sree Paradevada Temple-Km
- Temple : Sree Thiruvangayoor Sivaksethram.
- Temple : Sree Kozhukkallur Sivaksethram.
- Temple : Sreekandamanasala Temple - visit www.sreekandambika.com
- Temple : Sree Ravattamangalam mahavishnuksethram.,
- Temple : Ambalakulangara Kariyathan Temple vilayattoor moottaparamb)4 km
- Temple : Sree kupperikavu Temple
- Temple : Sree Edakkayil Temple
- Temple : Thevarkandi Mahavishnu Temple Manjakkulam Narakkode 3 km
- Nearest Masjid : Meppayour Town Juma masjid
- Manjakkulam Industrial area
- Microwave repeating station
- 110 KV SUB STATION MEPPAYUR
- Meppayur police Station
- Meppayur bus Stand
- Petrol Bunks - 1 ) Manjakulam (1.5 km Away from town) 2. Near Old Post office - East Side of the town
- ATM - SBT, Federal Bank, KGB All in west side of the town Near post office & Govt: Hospital
- KSEB Section Office
- Telephone Exchange
How to reach there
- Meppayur is located about 10 km away from NH 17, nearest NH 17(Now NH 66) access is at Kollam near koyilandy (Southern side ).Payyoli is an another NH Town- 11 km distance (Western side).
- Koyilandy (station code : QLD). 11 km
- Vatakara (21 km)
- Payyoli (11 Km)
Other Nearest Towns
- Kuttiady (20 km)
- Ulliyeri (16 km)
- Perambra ( 8 km)
Meppayur village connects to other parts of India through Koyilandy town. The nearest airports are at Kannur and Kozhikode. The nearest railway station is at Koyiandy. The national highway no.66 passes through Koyilandy and the northern stretch connects to Goa and Mumbai. The southern stretch connects to Cochin and Trivandrum. The eastern National Highway No.54 going through Kuttiady connects to Mananthavady, Mysore and Bangalore.
|This article related to a location in Kozhikode district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|