Mera J. Flaumenhaft
Mera Joan Flaumenhaft (born 1945) is an American scholar and translator specializing primarily in political theory. She is currently a Tutor in English at St. John's College, Annapolis MD. Her translation of Niccolò Machiavelli's Mandragola is widely used in college courses throughout the country. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Chicago in 1966, before moving on to get a Master of Arts (1967) and the Ph.D. in English from the University of Pennsylvania in 1970. Her dissertation was entitled "Politics and Technique in the Plays of John Arden". While at the University of Pennsylvania she was both a Woodrow Wilson Fellow and a University of Pennsylvania Foundation Fellow. She was also an Assistant Professor of English at Anne Arundel Community College. She is the author of "The Civic Spectacle: Essays on Drama and Community" and "Priam the Patriarch, his City and his Sons". She is married to the political scientist Harvey Flaumenhaft. She is the daughter of the educator and author Joseph Oxenhorn and the sister of the scholar and author Harvey Oxenhorn.
- Flaumenhaft, Mera (Fall 2003). "Kathryn "Kitty" Kinzer". The College. Retrieved on March 18, 2001
- Tomsen, Margot and Frank Luttmer. "Florence in the Age of the Renaissance Spring Semester 2008". Hanover College website. Retrieved on March 18, 2011.
- Marino, John. "Revelle in Rome - Summer 2011 Archived 2011-07-25 at the Wayback Machine.". University of California, San Diego International Center Website. Retrieved on March 18, 2011.
- Ahrensdorf, Peter. "The Ambition to Rule - Spring 2006". Davidson College Website. Retrieved on March 18, 2011.
- Horvath, Gabriela Dragnea. "Love in the Renaissance". Gonzaga University Website. Retrieved on March 18, 2011.
- Evrigenis, Ioannis D.. "The Political Thought of Machiavelli". Tufts University Website. Retrieved on March 18, 2011.
- "Google Search: Mera J. Flaumenhaft + .edu". Google.com. Retrieved on March 18, 2011. This search has multiple other examples of Flaumenhaft's translation in various college syllabi.
- "About St. John's College - Annapolis Faculty". St. John's College Website. Retrieved on March 19, 2011.
- Flaumenhaft, Mera J. (1994) The Civic Spectacle: Essays on Drama and Community. Rowman & Littlefield. Acknowledgements. ISBN 0-8476-7964-0. Google Books. Retrieved on March 19, 2011.