Mercedes, Camarines Norte
Map of Camarines Norte with Mercedes highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Alexander L. Pajarillo|
|• Total||173.69 km2 (67.06 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||290/km2 (760/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)54|
The town was originally named "Barra", and it was a barangay of Daet, the provincial capital. Its name was changed to Mercedes after Doña Mercedes, a rich woman who devoted her life of helping the community, especially the poor.
Mercedes was created from the barrios of Babatnon, Lanot, Lalawigan, Pinagdamhan, Hamoraon, Colasi, Tarum, Pambuhan, Masalong-salong, Hinipaan, Matoogtoog, Cayucyucan, Mambongalon, Manguisoc, Gaboc, Mercedes, Tanayagan, Tagontong, Catandonganon, Cariñgo Island, Quinapaquian Island, Apuao Island, all formerly part of Daet, Camarines Norte, by virtue of Republic Act No. 341, approved on July 26, 1948.
- Barangay I (Poblacion)
- Barangay II (Pob.)
- Barangay III (Pob.)
- Barangay IV (Pob.)
- Barangay V (Pob.)
- Barangay VI (Pob.)
- Barangay VII (Pob.)
- Del Rosario (Tagongtong)
- San Roque
|Population census of Mercedes|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Mercedes, Camarines Norte, was 50,841 people, with a density of 290 inhabitants per square kilometre or 750 inhabitants per square mile.
- Mercedes Central School
- Mercedes High School (San Roque)
- Manguisoc National High School
- Camarines Norte State College - Mercedes Campus (formerly Mercedes School of Fisheries)
- Tagongtong Elementary School
- San Roque National High School
- Don Pablo S Villafuerte National High School
- Claro Ibasco Elementary School
- joseph Ibasco Elem. School
- Quinapaguian Elem. School
- Lope Manlangit Elem. School
- Mambungalon Elem. School
- Cayucyucan Elem. School
- Pambuhan Elem School
- Gaboc Elementary School
- Lalawigan Elem. School
- San Roque Elem. School
- Manguisoc Elem. School
- Tarum Elem. School
- Colasi Elem. School
- Hamoraon Elem. School
- Lanot Elem. School
- Mantoogtoog Elem. School
- Hinipaan·Elem. School
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Province: CAMARINES NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act creating the municipality of Mercedes, province of Camarines Norte". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Camarines Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mercedes, Camarines Norte.|
|San Miguel Bay / Siruma, Camarines Sur
Tinambac, Camarines Sur
|Sipocot, Camarines Sur|