Mercedes, Eastern Samar
Map of Northern Samar with Mercedes highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||Lone district of E. Samar|
|• Mayor||Enrique A. Cabos|
|• Total||23.32 km2 (9.00 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)55|
Act No. 960 of the Philippine Commission incorporated the town of Mercedes comprising the barrios of Busay, Anoron, Sungan, Bobon, Banoyo and Boyayawon into Guiuan. In 1948, Republic Act No. 262 recreated the town.
- Palamrag (Cabiliri-an)
- Barangay 1 Poblacion
- Barangay 2 Poblacion
- Barangay 3 Poblacion
- Barangay 4 Poblacion
- Port Kennedy
- San Jose
- San Roque
|Population census of Mercedes|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The population of Mercedes, Eastern Samar, in the 2015 census was 6,070 people, with a density of 260 inhabitants per square kilometre or 670 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Region VIII (EASTERN VISAYAS)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act to recreate the former municipality of Mercedes, province of Samar". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Official Mercedes Municipality website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Leyte Gulf||Philippine Sea|
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|