Professor Mercedes Maroto-Valer FRSE FRSC FIChemE FRSA is director of the Research Centre for Carbon Solutions at Heriot-Watt University, where she holds the Robert Buchan Chair in Sustainable Energy Engineering. Her research on clean energy technologies, with emphasis on carbon dioxide capture and storage has been recognised through various prestigious awards and prizes, including the Philip Leverhulme Prize for Engineering in 2009.
- "Who We Are - Research Centre for Carbon Solutions". rccs.hw.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- University, Heriot-Watt (2017-09-05). "Prestigious appointment to new Sustainable Energy Chair". Heriot-Watt University. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "ESED Council Members". www.rsc.org. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Philip Leverhulme Prizes 2009 | The Leverhulme Trust". www.leverhulme.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Professor Mercedes Maroto-Valer FRSE". The Royal Society of Edinburgh. 2017-05-19. Retrieved 2019-06-05.