|Born||Mercedes Scápola Morán
March 16, 1975
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mercedes Scápola Morán is the daughter of the actress Mercedes Morán. She studied theatre with Agustín Alezzo and Julio Chávez. She ceased using the last name "Morán" to avoid being confused with her mother, who was already a famous actress.
She worked in the successful 2012 telenovela Graduados, playing the housekeeper "Clarita". She joined the cast when the production was almost completed, and received a character that the writers initially considered a minor one. Her character was drafted as a humble Paraguayan; Scápola proposed instead to make it a native of the Córdoba Province, and always fussy of the house's condition. As it was her first major success in television and she did not spoof the slang from the Córdoba Province, many fans mistook her as an actual native of the province. She was fluent in the slang because her grandparents lived in the province, and she had already tried for it the film Rancho aparte. Mercedes Morán made a brief cameo in the telenovela, as the mother of her character. Scápola got pregnant during the run of the program, so the scripts made her character pregnant as well. Her son León was born in 2013.
Scápola returned to work in the 2014 telenovela Guapas. Her mother Mercedes Morán works in it as well. As they both enjoyed the cameo in Graduados, their characters are again mother and daughter within the plot.
- Amigovios (1995)
- Amarte así (2005)
- Amas de casa desesperadas (2006)
- Epitafios (2009)
- Secretos de amor (2010)
- El pacto (2011)
- Graduados (2012)
- Guapas (2014)
- Nominated for the Tato Award 2009 as new actress
- Micaela Levitt (August 25, 2012). "Conocé a Mercedes Scápola Morán, "Clarita" de Graduados: "Yo misma fui a pedirles trabajo a Ortega y Culell"" [Meet Mercedes Scápola Morán, "clarita" from Graduados: "I applied for a job with Ortega and Culell myself"] (in Spanish). Ciudad. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- María Laura Santillán (April 18, 2009). ""Lo mismo que nos une nos provoca cortocircuitos"" ["We have disagreements about the same thing that unites us"] (in Spanish). Clarín. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Juliana Rodríguez (June 4, 2012). "Mercedes Scápola Morán: Cordobesa por adopción" [Mercedes Scápola Morán: Cordobesa by adoption] (in Spanish). La Voz del Interior. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Mara Derni (October 2013). "Mercedes Morán y su hija Mercedes Scápola" [Mercedes Morán and her daughter Mercedes Scápola] (in Spanish). Para Tí. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Marina Zucchi (March 16, 2014). "Guapas: Cinco mujeres fuertes" [Guapas: Five strong women] (in Spanish). Clarín. Retrieved March 18, 2014.