|Born||Mercedes Yvette Scelba-Shorte
August 24, 1981
New Jersey, United States
|Other names||Mercedes Yvette|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dress size||4(US), 34 (EU)|
|Manager||Nous Model Management, Elite Model Management, Click Models, Chick Models|
Mercedes Yvette Scelba-Shorte, also known as Mercedes Yvette, (born August 24, 1981, in New Jersey), is an American fashion model and actress. She was a contestant and finalist on Cycle 2 of America's Next Top Model. During the show, Scelba-Shorte revealed that she has lupus, an autoimmune disease.
Before Top Model
Scelba-Shorte was studying at California State University, Northridge before auditioning for America's Next Top Model. She was eventually chosen as one of the 12 finalists on Cycle 2 of America's Next Top Model, which aired in 2004. In 2000, she also appeared in the MTV reality show Fear.
Modeling and Acting career
After appearing on America's Next Top Model, Scelba-Shorte became a spokesperson for the Lupus Foundation of America. She signed with Nous Model Management and has also landed small roles in a number of TV shows including One on One, All of Us, and The Bold and the Beautiful.
She has appeared on the cover of Wedding Dresses magazine in 2005, Lupus Now magazine (Fall 2004 and Fall 2007), and Arthritis Today. She has also graced the pages of Teen Vogue. Her commercial credits include Chili's, MedermaTarget, Hewlett Packard, Sears, AT&T, Payless Shoes, Bell South, and Chevy. Other modeling credits include Anchor Blue, Kohl's, Old Navy, Wal-Mart, Halston, Mervyn's, Target, and Macy's. Her runway credits include: DSquared2 Milan Fashion Show Spring 2004, Rock & Republic, Studios John Sakalis Fall 2004 and Ellegirl presents Dare To Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Models 2005. Scelba-Shorte was also in a commercial for Chili's restaurant in 2007 and was featured in the Kay's catalog for Holiday 2007. She can be found modeling Mandy Moore's Mblem line and landed her first beauty campaign for Leeza Gibbons' Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup. Scelba-Shorte was featured in the VisitCalifornia.com "Misconceptions" 2010 commercial alongside Jason Mraz, Kim Kardashian, Betty White, and the Jonas Brothers.
Scelba-Shorte left Nous Model Management in Los Angeles in 2008. She then signed to Elite Model Management, L.A, and now is signed to Industry Model Group under the name of Mercedes Yvette.
- "Modelling Portfolio". NOUS models Website. Archived from the original (flash) on December 11, 2006. Retrieved December 27, 2006.
- "Mercedes Joins Tomiko as LFA Spokesperson". Lupus.org. Retrieved December 15, 2006.
- "Profile and interview with Scelba-Shorte". GirlPosse.com. Retrieved December 15, 2006.
- "IMDb entry". IMDb.com. Retrieved December 15, 2006.
- "Mercedes Yvette Scelba Profile". FMD database. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- "Mercedes Scelba-Shorte: Our Favorite Top Model". Factio-Magazine. Archived from the original (interview) on October 19, 2006. Retrieved December 15, 2006.
- Mercedes Scelba Yvette at the Fashion Model Directory
- Mercedes Scelba at the Internet Movie Database