This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Florida, U.S. (2003 )|
|Headquarters||Miami Gardens, Florida, U.S.|
|North America, Europe, Middle East|
|Products||wholesale clothing, cosmetics, general merchandise, toys, health and beauty salvage, Closeouts, customer returns|
Number of employees
Merchandize Liquidators, LLC, is an American wholesale liquidator and distributor in the closeouts industry. Working with manufacturers and high-end department stores, the company specializes in buying all available overstock merchandise. The company works on bringing products from Macy’s, Sears, CVS and other major US retailers, to the secondary markets. The company also sells new, overstock, surplus, used and salvaged goods. Clients include retailers, eBay sellers, Flea Market vendors, and jobbers. Merchandize Liquidators was cited by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the US in 2012 2011 and 2010.
Founded in 2003 by Yosef Martin, Merchandize Liquidators initially focused on brokering goods from buyers to private sellers. The privately held company expanded and in 2005 opened a warehouse in Hallandale. With the warehouse, the company was able to store goods such as clothing, cosmetics, electronics, general merchandise, health and beauty, school supplies, bed and bath, jewelry, handbags, toys, housewares and gardens, furniture, and footwear. Merchandize Liquidators has two warehouses in Miami Gardens, Florida, and a warehouse solutions company in North Carolina.
In 2010, 2011 and 2012, Inc. named it one of the fastest-growing companies in the nation. In 2012, Merchandize Liquidators doubled its revenues. Merchandize Liquidators 2011 gross sales were $5.4 million and the percentage revenue growth for the four-year period through 2011 was more than 700 percent, according to a report by a leading trade publication. Merchandize Liquidators was ranked #523 on the Inc. 5000 list for 2011, which was published in August 2012. The report also ranked the company #18 in Miami, and #35 for Business Products and Services. On 2012 it has a 9.1 million gross sales. 80% of the company’s goods are also shipped to Latin America, Russia, Dubai, New Zealand, and Africa.
Merchandize Liquidators was purchased entirely from Yosef Martin in 2016 for an undisclosed amount by a private equity group. Yosef Martin is no longer associated with Merchandize Liquidators.
Yosef Martin founded the company in 2003 while pursuing a BA degree at FIU. While a graduate student, Mr. Martin decided to pursue his passion for buying and selling. Entering into the closeouts market in 2003, Mr. Martin utilized technology and the Internet to quickly and successfully grow the business.He began the company with $375, relying on search engine optimization to build the business. In 2010, the company experienced a three-year growth of 265%, according to a report by Inc. Mr. Martin hails from Israel and resides in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Inc. Magazine, Fastest Growing Companies in the US, 2012
- Inc. Magazine, Fastest Growing Companies in the US, 2011
- Inc. Magazine, Fastest Growing Companies in the US, 2010
- "Inc. 5000–The Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America". 2013.
- "Best Advice I Ever Got: Yosef Martin".
- "24-7 Press Release: Merchandize Liquidators Doubles Revenues and Makes the Inc. 500/5000 List".
- "Florida Trend Magazine: Merchandize Liquidators Business Profile".
- "Florida Trend: Well Stocked".
- http://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2013/04/01/how-to-distinguish-your-business-from-the-competition/ Forbes: How To Distinguish Your Business From The Competition
- http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-small-business/post/small-business-advice-how-to-prepare-your-company-now-for-potential-growth-later/2013/05/28/5a63d98c-c7cb-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_blog.html The Washington Post: "Small Business Advice How To Prepare Your Company Now For Potential Growth Later