28 September 1942
|Other names||Jacqueline Mercorelli|
|Education||University of Savoie|
|Occupation||Judge Le Meilleur Pâtissier|
Jacqueline Mercorelli (née Pin), commonly known by her stage name Mercotte, is a French food critic, blogger, TV presenter and gastronome. She was born in 1942 in Aix-les-Bains. She has become famous through her participation as a judge in the television baking competition Le Meilleur pâtissier, a French adaptation of The Great British Bake Off, broadcast on M6.
After earning her baccalauréat in political science in Grenoble and her BA degree in English, she got married and had four children. It was only when her children left the nest that she really began to cook in a professional way.
In 1987, she wrote her first cookbook, with Monique Lansard, La nouvelle cuisine à votre portée 140 recettes légères, published by S.A.E.P, Colmar.
In 2005, she created her cooking web site La cuisine de Mercotte to share her passion for recipes. Most of the time Mercotte tries to simplify dessert recipes of chefs, in order to make them accessible to everyone.
In September 2007 she published her second book 30 desserts créatifs pour toutes les occasions. The same year she won the first prize in the cooking category at the "Festival d’expression sur internet" that took place in Romans-sur-Isère.
After many years devoted to learning every aspect of baking, she published in 2008 Solution Macaron, a book making make the process of baking macarons accessible for everyone.
In addition to the cookbook, her website and iOS app also provide macaron recipes. Fans can also ask questions on her blog.
- Julie Harlet, "Du côté de chez Mercotte", La Vie nouvelle, 30 April 2008.
- Dorothée Thénot, "Mercotte: 'Mon idée n'est pas de faire des gâteaux, mais de la pâtisserie'", Le messager, 2 July 2013.
- "Mercotte: 'Je suis à l'écran comme dans la vie'", Le Figaro, 22 October 2014.
- "Mercotte: 'Mon idée n'est pas de faire des gâteaux, mais de la pâtisserie'", LaSavoie.fr, 7 February 2013.
- "Mercotte, juré du Meilleur pâtissier: Les candidats m'ont bluffée", Le Nouvel Observateur - tempsreel.nouvelobs.com, 24 November 2012.
- Ghislaine Gerbellot, "Après un blog et des livres, Mercotte jurée sur M6", Le Dauphiné libéré, 28 October 2012.
- (in French) www