This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid, Spain|
Mercury Steam Entertainment S.L., doing business as MercurySteam, is a Spanish video game developer based in San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid, Spain. The company makes titles for the major platforms, including PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The company was founded by former members of Rebel Act Studios, who previously developed Severance: Blade of Darkness in 2001. Dave Cox is a producer at Konami who has helped out MercurySteam during the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow trilogy. In 2015, Nintendo Life reported that MercurySteam had worked on a Metroid prototype for Wii U and 3DS, that was later turned down and possibly retrofitted into a different project. It was later revealed that they had pitched for a remake of Metroid Fusion. This pitch was rejected, but because series creator Yoshio Sakamoto was impressed by the pitch and the team's love of Metroid, they were hired to collaborate on Metroid: Samus Returns instead.
- American McGee presents: Scrapland (2004/2005, Windows PC/Xbox)
- Zombies (2006, Nokia 6680/Nokia N70)
- Clive Barker's Jericho (2007, Windows PC/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360)
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (2010, PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows) - co-developed with Kojima Productions
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (2013, Nintendo 3DS/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows)
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (2014, PlayStation 3/Xbox 360/Microsoft Windows)
- Metroid: Samus Returns (2017, Nintendo 3DS)
- Spacelords (2017, PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Microsoft Windows)
- "Scrapland Ships for Xbox". Gamershell. March 4, 2005. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Robertson, Liam (14 August 2015). "Exclusive: MercurySteam Has Been Working On A Metroid Prototype For Wii U And 3DS". Nintendo Life. Gamer Network. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Metroid: Samus Returns Is A Remake That Feels Original". Game Informer. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
|This Spanish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|