||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Labels||Stage Door Records|
Meredith Braun (born 1973) began her career as a child actor in her native New Zealand before moving to England and acting in a number of West End musicals.
As a child in Auckland, Braun appeared in numerous stage productions plus occasional television shows (The Haunting of Barney Palmer) and advertisements. In 1989, she earned a place at London's prestigious Italia Conti Stage College. She began her West End career six months later with a lead role in short-lived musical Bernadette at the Dominion Theatre. Cameron Mackintosh then cast Meredith as Eponine in Les Miserables, a role she played in both London and Manchester. In 1993, she was cast as Betty Schaeffer in Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical version of Sunset Boulevard. Having been part of an audition process that involved 300 other potential actresses, Lloyd Webber said of Meredith "When I saw Meredith and heard her I knew she was going to be a star".
Further shows in the West End included starring as Christine in The Phantom of the Opera plus Out of the Blue with Michael McCarthy and Killing Rasputin. Between 2000-2001 Meredith starred as Lily in the RSC's production of The Secret Garden at both the Theatre Royal Stratford and the Aldwych Theatre, London.
After a ten-year absence from performing, Meredith released her debut solo album Someone Else's Story in 2012 - a mix of contemporary show songs and classical crossover material. The album features musical direction and arrangements by Paul Bateman (musical director for Sarah Brightman and Lesley Garrett), and was released on Stage Door Records on March 26, 2012.
In 2017, Meredith will release her second solo album When Love Is Gone featuring a new recording of the song she performed in The Muppet Christmas Carol marking the film's 25th anniversary. The album is scheduled to be released by Stage Door Records in November 2017.
- The Haunting of Barney Palmer (Troy) 1986
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (Belle) 1992
- Doctors (Janine Lewis) 2003
West End roles
- Cordelia (Jude) - National Studio (2002)
- The Secret Garden (Lily) - Aldwych Theatre / Theatre Royal Stratford (2000–2001)
- The Phantom Of The Opera (Christine) - Her Majesty's Theatre (1999–2000)
- Killing Rasputin (Princess Irina) - Bridewell Theatre (1998–1999)
- Out Of The Blue (Hideko) - Shaftesbury Theatre (1994)
- Sunset Boulevard (Betty Schaefer) - Adelphi Theatre (1993)
- Les Miserables (Eponine) - Palace Theatre, London (1991)
- Bernadette (Camille) - Dominion Theatre (1990)
- The Far Pavilions (New York / London)
- Yusupov (Sydmonton Festival / Donmar Warehouse) 1994
- Jekyl (Prince of Wales Theatre, London) 1994
- Forever Yours
New Zealand stage roles
- The Tempest (Ariel)
- The Chalk Garden (Laurel)
- The Cage Birds (Gossip)
- The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole (Pandora)
- Snoopy (Peppermint Patty)
- Bugsy Malone (Blouse)
- The Wizard Of Oz (Dorothy)
- Alice in Wonderland (Alice)
- Jack The Ripper (Polly)
- Fiddler On The Roof
- Sweet Charity
- Footrot Flats (Jess)
- Worzel Gummidge
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- The Sound Of Music
- South Pacific
- "Out of the Blue: Cast". lilyrose.org. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Braun, Meredith; Tokura, Shun-Ichi; Sand, Paul (1994). Out of the Blue (Media notes). Cast: Simon Burke, David Burt, Greg Ellis, Lynden Edwards, James Graeme, Paulette Ivory, Michael McCarthy, Andrew Newey, Charles Shirvell, Andrew Wale. Stage Door Records. ASIN B0042FXIKS. Barcode: 5055122190257.