Meredith Salenger in March 2008
Meredith Dawn Salenger|
March 14, 1970
Malibu, California, U.S.
Patton Oswalt (m. 2017)
Salenger attended Harvard University from 1988 to 1992, and graduated cum laude with a degree in psychology. She received certificates in "Court-Based Mediation of Family Law Matters" and "Mediating the Litigated Case" from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law in 2009 and 2011, respectively. She works as a mediator for the Agency for Dispute Resolution in Beverly Hills, California, when she is not filming.
As a child, Salenger enjoyed performing in front of her family and friends. Her mother took her to her first acting class when she was eight years old. Her first role was a small part as a 'singing and dancing orphan' in the feature film Annie, directed by John Huston. Salenger also did a number of television advertisements.
Salenger's first starring role was in the Disney film The Journey of Natty Gann, co-starring John Cusack and Ray Wise, the first movie to win her Best Actress in a Drama award at the Young Artist Awards for her portrayal of Natty Gann. After starring in four more films by her eighteenth birthday, including A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon, she left Hollywood for Harvard to further her education.
Salenger resumed her acting career upon her return to Hollywood with credits including Lake Placid and The Third Wheel. Salenger has also appeared in independent films, including Quality Time and Sparkle & Charm. Other major roles include The Kiss (1988) and Dream a Little Dream (1989).
Salenger appeared in a 1998 episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also recorded a song titled "Flow Through Me" with Koishii and Hush; and she appeared as a background member of the Counting Crows video for "Hanging Around".
Salenger appeared in two episodes of Dawson's Creek in 2002 as film critic Amy Lloyd, and guest-starred on Cold Case playing victim Sloane Easton on the episode "Ravaged". Salenger had a cameo in the Disney film Race to Witch Mountain in 2009, where she played a television reporter named Natalie Gann.
Salenger has done the voices of several characters in Cartoon Network's Star Wars: The Clone Wars, including Jedi Padawan Barriss Offee and Ione Marcy during the second season, Che Amanwe Papanoida during the third season, and Pluma Sodi during the fourth season. She also appeared as Lisa Sanders in the one-hour Nick at Nite drama series Hollywood Heights which lasted 80 episodes, as well as several characters in Mad and Robot Chicken television series. In addition, Salenger voiced a Nightsister ghost in a season three episode of Star Wars Rebels. She can be seen opposite Elias Koteas in Jake Squared along with Virginia Madsen and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- "Meredith Salenger Biography (1970-)". Film Reference. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- "Meredith Salenger - resume" (PDF). Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Agency for Dispute Resolution - Neutrals - Salenger, Meredith". Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- Scott Cain (October 26, 1985). "Dogged determination: Meredith Salenger's journey to Natty Gann". NewsLibrary.
- Race to Witch Mountain (2009) - closing credits.
- Lowry, Brian (June 7, 2012). "Review: Hollywood Heights". Variety. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Paid Notice: Deaths SALENGER, ANNE GOLDENBERG". NYT. July 13, 2004.
- "Meredith Salenger on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Patton Oswalt's New Fiancée Is the 'Happiest Girl in the Universe' — See Her Ring & Sweet Tribute to His Daughter!". People. July 6, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Tweet from Patton Oswalt". Twitter. 5 November 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017.